PDA

View Full Version : the 2010 Olympics so far....

mirrodie
2010-02-18, 11:49 PM
Ok, so I am a huge fan of snowboarding, only been on the slopes twice and can't wait to start again next winter with my son :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

That said, best so far as White in the Mens halfpipe and watching the women's half as well. I don't think I'd hit those tricks but I would love to do snowboard cross!!

Also been enjoying the skating. singles and pairs. I enjoy watching them try not to drop.

Any thoughts on it? favs? hates, disappointments, surprises?

hiss srq
2010-02-19, 12:05 AM
I am all about the hockey and anything where girls are wearing skin tight clothing ;) :borat:

Today's USA-Norway game was pretty good though it was pretty much a blow out to Norway. I find it intresting though that some teams from certain nations put up such a good fight. Outside of some European nations, the USA, Russia and Canada most of the players are not professional in the sense that though they might be semi pro they all have other jobs like plumbers and carpenters etc etc.... Most of Team USA and Canada is NHL and the fact that a team like Norway can play nearly as well as they do against the likes of such talents speak to olympic spirit.

cancidas
2010-02-19, 09:57 AM
i'm disapointed i haven't been able to watch any hockey yet. absolutely nothing schedules for network TV, and no cable at work! :evil:

lijk604
2010-02-19, 01:49 PM
Here's my take on what I have seen so far:

NBC sucks! They have no flow to any events, making sure a commercial is taken after every 2 or 3 competitors.

Thank God the hockey is on CNBC, and they are showing the whole games. Even sneaking in a commercial without missing much if any action on the ice.

As for the games themselves:
Very happy for Sean White, mixed emotions for Lindsey Vonn (big win + a wipeout). Glad to see Bode Miller was not a bust again this time around. And a big thumbs up to the US Skier who placed second in the Nordic Combined, an event where the US had never won a medal.

Now...the US needs to work on their Curling squads and other x-country skiing events.

Nice to see Canada win a few golds on their home turf, now NBC can stop harping on that fact every 5 minutes.

I can't watch figure skating...it bores me to death.

Matt Molnar
2010-02-19, 01:54 PM
NHL needs to man up and refuse to let their players play if the IOC and TV networks don't do a better job of scheduling in 2014. Not only can North Americans not watch the NHL'ers play because the games are on either in the middle of the work day or at midnight on the east coast, but Europeans can't either because it's 6 or 7am their time. Gary Bettman made a speech yesterday saying it's ridiculous and he's right...the owners are lending tens of millions of dollars worth of players out and getting no exposure in return.

cancidas
2010-02-19, 04:36 PM
to add insult to injury, from the bits i have seen, every time a Polish competitor comes into view of the camera a commercial magically appears. i expected this as it happens every year but just seems worse this year.

wunaladreamin
2010-02-19, 08:29 PM
I'll reserve comment until after men's hockey is over. I've been unable to even drink beers whilst I watch because I know if Canada even allows a goal, I'll throw my chair through my tv!

Gerard
2010-02-19, 10:46 PM
NHL needs to man up and refuse to let their players play if the IOC and TV networks don't do a better job of scheduling in 2014. Not only can North Americans not watch the NHL'ers play because the games are on either in the middle of the work day or at midnight on the east coast, but Europeans can't either because it's 6 or 7am their time. Gary Bettman made a speech yesterday saying it's ridiculous and he's right...the owners are lending tens of millions of dollars worth of players out and getting no exposure in return.

Sunday USA vs Canada is on at 7:40 but not on NBC but MSNBC or CNBC.

cancidas
2010-02-20, 01:06 AM
that is beyond wrong!!

lijk604
2010-02-20, 11:00 AM
that is beyond wrong!!

Guess they don't want the NHL players in 2014. Such a shame.

BTW, congrats again to Bode Miller. Silver yesterday, making everyone forget his performance in Torino.

mirrodie
2010-02-20, 12:08 PM
the chicks in curling are smoking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gerard
2010-02-20, 04:20 PM
that is beyond wrong!!

Guess they don't want the NHL players in 2014. Such a shame.

Actually they do and the players definitely want in. For hockey players the Olympics is a very important competition.
I heard on sports radio today the players association will want the opportunity to play in the Olympics part of their next
collective bargaining agreement.
BTW the schedule tomorrow promises some great match-ups
Russia vs Czechs at 3PM
USA va Canada at 7:45
Sweden vs Finland at 12 Midnite :x :(

MarkLawrence
2010-02-20, 05:45 PM
Totally enjoyed the half-pipe - that White guy is awesome! I'm a "Vonn-tourage" supporter for sure! And congrats to Bode - good run!

wunaladreamin
2010-02-20, 06:04 PM
that White guy is awesome!
C'mon man...this is a progressive nation now!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

MarkLawrence
2010-02-20, 06:25 PM
C'mon man...this is a progressive nation now!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

LMAO Kenny! Remember - I'm from South Africa!! :lol:

wunaladreamin
2010-02-20, 06:39 PM
LMAO!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

USAF Pilot 07
2010-02-20, 06:41 PM
Who's this guy commentating on the cross-country skiing? (not Al Trautwig)... Somebody's a little way into this event - he's been screaming so enthusiastically for the last hour and a half....

lijk604
2010-02-20, 07:13 PM
+1 for the good looking curling women! I agree with Kenny about the blonde chick from the UK. :borat:

The Russian trio they had on this morning were gorgeous.

Gerard
2010-02-21, 11:54 AM

Coverage starts 7PM on MSNBC

wunaladreamin
2010-02-21, 06:22 PM
Tonight's the night! I've got my Canada jersey ready to go and I'm going to have to do this one completely sober else I throw something at my tv should something go wrong!!!

http://www.sportzone.ca/uploads/9882/images//HockeyCanadaLogo.jpg

lijk604
2010-02-21, 07:17 PM
Gee Kenny, you wouldn't happen to be Canadian would you?

wunaladreamin
2010-02-21, 07:40 PM
Just slightly lol.

wunaladreamin
2010-02-21, 09:16 PM
One period in the books and I'm on the verge of a meltdown.

Nick
2010-02-21, 09:19 PM
Let's go USA!! Nothing is guaranteed, take this game!!

wunaladreamin
2010-02-21, 09:28 PM
It's only one period man. I'll be happy when I see Pronger rip Parise's head off.

mirrodie
2010-02-21, 09:30 PM
I'd love to see a webcam from Kenny's living room right now. :mrgreen:

wunaladreamin
2010-02-21, 09:46 PM
There's going to be alot of clean up.

wunaladreamin
2010-02-21, 09:57 PM
ARE YOU ****ING KIDDING ME?

Gerard
2010-02-21, 11:04 PM
USA USA!!!!!!!!
:D :D :D :D

One of the most exciting hockey games I've seen in a long time!! End-to-end action in this one!!
And this was only the preliminary round!!

hiss srq
2010-02-22, 12:03 AM
Tread lightly. Kenny's living room was not a pretty picture tonight. There is not much of a place to sit in the living room anymore at this time.

wunaladreamin
2010-02-22, 06:55 AM
Yeah, it going to be a couple of days before I can even talk about this abortion. I haven't been this pissed off in a long time.

gettysburgerrn
2010-02-22, 07:07 AM
I found that to be an exciting game- probably the most entertaining of the olympics and NBC puts it on MSNBC- what were they thinking

ken

wunaladreamin
2010-02-22, 12:15 PM
They should put Brodeur on a ****ing bus and drive him off a ****ing cliff. Don't get your hopes up guys and gals, there won't be any miracles this year.

PhilDernerJr
2010-02-22, 01:05 PM
Why do you hate America?

Nick
2010-02-22, 01:08 PM
MARTYYYYY MARTYYYYYYYYY MARTYYYYYYYYY.

hiss srq
2010-02-22, 01:13 PM
Why do you hate America?
OMFG!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nick
2010-02-22, 01:16 PM
Why do you hate America?
Envy!!!

wunaladreamin
2010-02-22, 01:23 PM
Don't be pissed because you got a gift boys. It was just a prelim round win. Sort of like when your Rangers have a 10 game win streak down the stretch theb forget to show up for the playoffs as usual.

PhilDernerJr
2010-02-22, 01:53 PM
We're gonna get a 10-game rip? ALRIGHT! haha

So why the interest in Canada though? Just want to side with your bf Crosby? ;)

wunaladreamin
2010-02-22, 02:34 PM
Lol at the 10 game rip ALIRGHT!

I can't stand Crosby. He's soft and he's a crybaby. Two characteristics that have no place in hockey. Ovechkin is his father anyway. I'm Canadian bro. Moved here from Chicoutimi, PQ in 1991! Dual citizenship has it's priveleges.

PhilDernerJr
2010-02-22, 03:05 PM
I figured you were a Canuck. :)

Agreed on Crosby. He's an example of everything that's wrong with the NHL these days. As much as I've been a fan of Colin Campbell for so long...he's the other half of the problem. But I'm turning us away form the Olympics, sorry.

Anyone have links to highlights?

wunaladreamin
2010-02-22, 03:14 PM
Phil, from what I saw, there were no highlights.

hiss srq
2010-02-22, 03:55 PM
Ryan Miller was a hell of a highlight! :lol: :twisted: (Ducks swings and bottles repeatedly)

wunaladreamin
2010-02-22, 05:08 PM
You're kidding!!! If they had started Fleury or Luongo even, there would have been a very different ending. Brodeur is a decent goalie, but he ain't what everyone thinks he is.

BTW Ryan, I know owe you a jab to the throat lol.

Gerard
2010-02-22, 07:07 PM
[quote="wunaladreamin"]You're kidding!!! If they had started Fleury or Luongo even, there would have been a very different ending.

"If" "If" "If" :lol: :lol:

lijk604
2010-02-22, 07:16 PM
I'd be surprised if Marty sees another game. They are going to ride Luongo like the horse he is now. And ironically, the CURRENT Stanley Cup winning goaltender does not see any action. Wierd.

gettysburgerrn
2010-02-22, 07:21 PM
Ryan Miller was also great in net - it was "Miller time" in spite of the fact that he had to take that logo off his mask (I think) :mrgreen:

ken

wunaladreamin
2010-02-22, 07:24 PM
You're kidding!!! If they had started Fleury or Luongo even, there would have been a very different ending.

It's all good Gerard! We'll surely see who's laughing at the end of next weekend. lol

I'd be surprised if Marty sees another game. They are going to ride Luongo like the horse he is now. And ironically, the CURRENT Stanley Cup winning goaltender does not see any action. Wierd.

I could only hope. Helen Keller could be the all time winningest goaltender if she played in that garbage trap hockey system. Ever wonder why Marty doesn't go for a bigger contract and jump ship??? Because he knows he's **** without trap hockey. Seeing Fleury would be ideal, but Luongo would definitely suffice.

moose135
2010-02-22, 08:07 PM
You're Canadian, Kenny? That explains so much...

PhilDernerJr
2010-02-22, 08:35 PM
Fleury being a "current cup winner" doesn't mean anything, because he didn't win the cup alone. I don't think he was that integral to the Penguins winning the cup. The Penguins won the cup because of the their two star players....the take-no-crap, Pittsburgh-must-win efforts of....Gary Bettmen and Colin Campbell. Crosby and Malkin (I actually like Malkin) though) just happened to score a lot of goals.

These days, the NHL has about the worst and most one-sided officiating in any sport that I have ever seen. They do so much to protect Crosby and Ovechkin individually that the NHL has become a women's league.

</rant>

wunaladreamin
2010-02-22, 08:43 PM
Not for nothing, Ovechkin ain't soft, nor is he a crybaby like Crosby (very unlike European players). Did you see his hit on Jagr yesterday? He destroyed Jagr, and nobody just destroys Jagr. The kid is exciting as hell to watch and he's got no problems taking the body or playing hurt. Crosby on the other hand, will cry like a baby if someone bats an eye at him the wrong way. He also looks like Butthead uh-huh-huh-huh.

Women's curling is on and I now realize I must find a way onto the women's Swiss team...they have their tongues pierced. :borat:

Now lets see if Canada's ladies get it right against Finland.

PhilDernerJr
2010-02-22, 09:08 PM
I completely agree that Ovechkin is a tough player. He doesn't strike me as a whiner, but whenever something happens to him, you'd think opposing players violated Megan's Law with the way the league responds.

wunaladreamin
2010-02-22, 09:22 PM
Ah, the ladies are making life better! Now, next time Finland takes a penalty, Canada should call the Finnish goalie out for an illegal stick (no white tape on the butt)!

mirrodie
2010-02-22, 09:54 PM
WOmens curling is on now? I thought they were playing Norway just a few hours ago?

eric8669
2010-02-22, 10:06 PM
WOmens curling is on now? I thought they were playing Norway just a few hours ago?

They play two matches a day. I have been watching a lot of curling. kinda like it.

mirrodie
2010-02-22, 10:16 PM
Actually I think I was watching the Sweden-Canada game earlier. The gals are not bad to look at.

Gerard
2010-02-22, 10:23 PM
You're kidding!!! If they had started Fleury or Luongo even, there would have been a very different ending.

>It's all good Gerard! We'll surely see who's laughing at the end of next weekend. lol<

The problem with the Canadiens is the ENORMOUS pressure this team is under. Playing in Canada and not getting the GOLD
is unacceptable. With the Americans you have a team that John Madden would love. A bunch of hard working "lunch pail"
type of guys. Not a superstar to be had. I watch a ton of hockey and a few of these guys I barely heard of. USA Hockey
was smart too pretty much ditch all the old "name players" and build a new generation of players. They may not win the Gold
but I am still proud of the way they are playing. And at this point they have a good as chance as anybody.
BTW Ryan Miller has a 2.16 GAA (3rd NHL) and a .930 Save % (2nd NHL)
Good luck tomorrow night. :)

lijk604
2010-02-22, 10:59 PM

Looks like I called this one...not like it's a big surprise though...

Luongo replaces Brodeur as Canada goalie
By ALAN ROBINSON, AP Sports Writer
1 hour, 36 minutes ago
VANCOUVER, British Columbia (AP)—Martin Brodeur is out as Canada’s Olympic goaltender.

Hello, Roberto Luongo—at least for Tuesday’s qualification game against Germany.

Canada coach Mike Babcock decided to bench Brodeur—the NHL career victories leader—after he allowed four goals on 22 shots during a 5-3 upset loss to the United States on Sunday. Babcock told Luongo on Sunday night that he would play the next game.

Luongo, playing in his NHL home arena, made 15 saves while shutting out Norway 8-0 in Canada’s first Olympic game on Feb. 16.

moose135
2010-02-23, 08:37 AM
Cheer up Kenny - I just heard that Canada won the gold over the US in Ice Dancing last night. Maybe they want to add that couple to their hockey team. :lol:

wunaladreamin
2010-02-23, 09:12 AM
Gerard, anything less than gold in any host country is unacceptable.

John, they shouldn't just bench Marty, they should put him to sleep.

Moose, har-har! Lol

Gerard
2010-02-23, 07:45 PM
[quote="wunaladreamin"]Gerard, anything less than gold in any host country is unacceptable.

But Canada + Hockey + Playing In Canada = GOLD is just sooooo much more important in the big picture.
Its like the NBA getting shutout in the Olympics. It is OUR SPORT and we just got beat by some foreigners!!!

wunaladreamin
2010-02-23, 08:02 PM
True. We'll see on Sunday! But for now, it's up to the ladies for the warm-up. USA vs. Canada for hockey gold. I don't think team USA stands even a remote chance there. In three games, Canada has scored 41 goals and allowed only two!

hiss srq
2010-02-23, 08:15 PM
Break out the beer and hide the pillows just in case!

Gerard
2010-02-23, 09:44 PM
True. We'll see on Sunday! But for now, it's up to the ladies for the warm-up. USA vs. Canada for hockey gold. I don't think team USA stands even a remote chance there. In three games, Canada has scored 41 goals and allowed only two!

LOL you crack me up. The USA has MORE than a "remote chance" to win.
Canada has 46 goals and allowed 2 in 4 games.
USA has 40 goals and allowed 2 in 4 games.
These are the two best womens teams in the world. If anything it should be a good game as opposed to the lop-sided
blow-outs by both squads!!

hiss srq
2010-02-23, 11:09 PM
Russia Canada tomorrow! 4 to 3 Canada is my call. Ovechkin scores 2 out of 3 for Russia. Just sayin...........

Gerard
2010-02-23, 11:41 PM
Russia Canada tomorrow! 4 to 3 Canada is my call. Ovechkin scores 2 out of 3 for Russia. Just sayin...........

I dont think Team Russia has a remote chance to win. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Matt Molnar
2010-02-24, 12:30 AM
That's just cold:
http://images.askmen.com/daily/blogs/entertainment/canadians-respond-to-hockey-upset-flash.jpg

hiss srq
2010-02-24, 12:49 AM
Matt, you owe me a new keyboard. Bastahd.

wunaladreamin
2010-02-24, 11:18 AM
Laugh it up champ lol. Our lesbians are way better than your lesbians. Not a chance.

Tonights game against Russia will be a test for sure. It should be a very fun game to watch!

Nick
2010-02-24, 01:29 PM
USA is doomed, just look at this skill!!! http://i48.tinypic.com/b66o8i.jpg

Gerard
2010-02-24, 06:52 PM
USA is doomed, just look at this skill!!! http://i48.tinypic.com/b66o8i.jpg

Uh that was Canada doing the 3 Stooges act.

wunaladreamin
2010-02-24, 06:56 PM
LOL Perry had that one coming after the bull**** penalty he took.

Did you guys see the US/Swiss game? Jonas Hiller was UNBELIEVABLE! If not for him it would have been 15-0, not 2-0.

Gerard
2010-02-24, 06:56 PM
Our lesbians are way better than your lesbians.

C'mon now why do you have to go there with this stupid remark? :? :?

hiss srq
2010-02-24, 07:04 PM
Our lesbians are way better than your lesbians.

C'mon now why do you have to go there with this stupid remark? :? :?
Quick........ reach up...... over your head......... catch it before it is gone..... :lol:

Everyone loves a lesbian..... unless it is Rosie O'Donnell :lol:

cancidas
2010-02-24, 07:44 PM
Did you guys see the US/Swiss game? Jonas Hiller was UNBELIEVABLE! If not for him it would have been 15-0, not 2-0.
gotta agree, that was an amazing game! just managed to walk upstairs to the den in the first 2 min of the 1st period... stayed to watch Parise, a NJ Devil score the final goal...

too bad the clock ran out when hiller bumped the puck into his own goal...

IMO team USA needs to seriously work on passing. i stopped counting after the 5th pass someone didn't complete. the swiss team was definitely VERY good!

lijk604
2010-02-24, 10:04 PM
Holy crap, think Canada had a wakeup call??? They are up BIG over Russia after two 7-3. They look pissed and determined. Thankfully they'll also have to get by the Sweden/Slovakia winner before they get the US. US won today and will play the winner of the Finland/Czech game. Definitely going to be an interesting few days.

Gerard
2010-02-24, 11:04 PM
Holy crap, think Canada had a wakeup call??? They are up BIG over Russia after two 7-3. They look pissed and determined. Thankfully they'll also have to get by the Sweden/Slovakia winner before they get the US. US won today and will play the winner of the Finland/Czech game. Definitely going to be an interesting few days.

The Canadien team definitely schooled the Russians tonite. The Russian big line had nothing and the goaltending was terrible. In
fact, IMO, a big mistake by the Russians waiting too long to switch goalies. But then again the way the Canada team was flying it
might not have mattered.
Too bad the matchup didnt live up to the big hype but isnt that usually the case?

hiss srq
2010-02-24, 11:12 PM
WHAT A GAME! Fast paced to all heck. Canada was a MONSTER tonight. Russia didn't bother to show up. Maybe the vodka mixture in their water bottles was slightly off. Ovetchkin was out to lunch tonight. I was dissapointed in his performance but happy that Canada more than just sqweaked it out like a mouse. This is the land of Rats! Afterall. :borat: Go Canada!

I'll make my medal list now. Canada Gold (with continued performance to tonights standard) USA Silver Finaland Bronze.

wunaladreamin
2010-02-25, 05:31 PM
I'll make my medal list now. Canada Gold (with continued performance to tonights standard) USA Silver Finaland Bronze.

Watch out bro, Gerard's gonna put a hit out on you! LOL

Gerard
2010-02-25, 06:16 PM

Watch out bro, Gerard's gonna put a hit out on you! LOL

LOL no no that wouldnt surprise me. When this young team was put together the expectations for any type of medal
was pretty low. A Silver or Bronze (for me) wouldnt be the end of the world. What I really want to see are two really
great games in the semis like the USA-Canada game Sunday night.
And I cant believe the USA-Finland game is at 3PM EST!!!! Damn work!! This time I'll get the DVR fired up. Yesterday I had
to rely on my son in Arizona streaming it live on his computer while he studied in the school library. He then txt'd me at work
and as I commuted home!!! :D

wunaladreamin
2010-02-25, 07:51 PM
Uh-oh Gerard...UH-OH!!! :lol:

Gerard
2010-02-25, 09:34 PM
=I'll make my medal list now. Canada Gold (with continued performance to tonights standard) USA Silver Finaland Bronze.

Very interesting. This was the way the WOMANS hockey went today.
Good call though wrong gender :)

wunaladreamin
2010-02-25, 09:35 PM
**** YES!!!!!

Like, I said...no shot at all. Good job ladies, you've done us proud.

Gerard
2010-02-25, 10:57 PM
**** YES!!!!!

WTF you mean "no shot at all"? It was 2-0 for godsakes.
:P :P :P

lijk604
2010-02-25, 11:15 PM
**** YES!!!!!

First off, Congrats ladies of Canada, well deserved.

Secondly, you will not win many games with 0 goals. So yes, no shot. ;)

wunaladreamin
2010-02-26, 06:57 AM
**** YES!!!!!

First off, Congrats ladies of Canada, well deserved.

Secondly, you will not win many games with 0 goals. So yes, no shot. ;)
Exactly. If you watch as much hockey as you say you do, you'll know you'll never win if you can't beat the goalie. Don't let Stan Fischler tell you different.

Gerard
2010-02-26, 09:16 AM
[quote="wunaladreamin
Secondly, you will not win many games with 0 goals. So yes, no shot. ;)[/quote]
you'll know you'll never win if you can't beat the goalie

Wow thats a brilliant statement. :lol:
If the game is only 2-0, First period, you still have a shot.
The way you were talking with their scoring 46 goals it was going to be a blowout and they would never have
a chance. As long as you keep it close, which they did, you ALWAYS have a chance. Last year Devils-Carolina playoffs
Carolina scores two goals with a 1:20 left to win the game and series.
Yes I watch a lot of hockey and I've seen crazy things happen.
BTW enjoy this because come 2014 Womens hockey might be eliminated. There are rumblings in the IOC that because
of the total dominance by these two teams and the lack of any competition it might be best to cut this sport. That would
suck especially since I have a friends daughter who plays for the University of New Hampshire and is quite good and one of
her dreams is to try-out and play on the US National team.

wunaladreamin
2010-02-26, 03:33 PM
2-0 ain't a blowout, but still...no goals = no victory. Next thing you're gonna tell me is Rick DiPietro is a franchise goaltender deserving of a 15 year contract! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

cancidas
2010-02-26, 07:04 PM
USA-Finland was a masacre today. US scored 6 goals in the first period, Finland only managed to score thier one goal with minutes to go in the 3rd. is russia playing tonight?

wunaladreamin
2010-02-26, 07:39 PM
USA-Finland was a masacre today. US scored 6 goals in the first period, Finland only managed to score thier one goal with minutes to go in the 3rd. is russia playing tonight?
Mika Kiprusoff pulled himself after the 5th goal lol, most of which were completely stoppable. The Finns are good but their current squad is getting old. You can't rest your hopes on a 40 year old former superstar when you're playing a group of hard charging kids.

Russia??? :lol: :lol: :lol: They'll be enjoying Vancouver's best fish and chips tonight!

Gerard
2010-02-26, 08:02 PM
2-0 ain't a blowout, but still...no goals = no victory.

Duh!!! :lol:

Next thing you're gonna tell me is Rick DiPietro is a franchise goaltender deserving of a 15 year contract! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

LOL no that's friggin ridiculous!! Someone was smoking crack when that deal was made.
BTW I am not an Islander fan.
Good luck tonite.

hiss srq
2010-02-26, 08:02 PM
I just saw the highlight reels for the USA Finland game....... HOLY ****! Finalnd may want to go take pregnancy tests because they are about three periods late to the tournement.

Gerard
2010-02-26, 08:04 PM
[quote="cancidas"]USA-Finland was a masacre today. US scored 6 goals in the first period, Finland only managed to score thier one goal with minutes to go in the 3rd.

Reminded me of the Canada-Russia game the other night. The US team came out flying and the Fins never had a chance even
when they changed goalies.

wunaladreamin
2010-02-26, 08:08 PM
LOL no that's friggin ridiculous!! Someone was smoking crack when that deal was made.
BTW I am not an Islander fan.
Good luck tonite.
You know?!?! LOL I think that someone was Garth Snow lol. He took up where Mad Mike left off. Hmmm...ship Luongo off...bring in a self absorbed over-glorified back-up goalie as #1 overall pick and sign him for 15 years WITH a no trade clause. Sheer genius I tell you. And I'm not an Isles fan either. LOL

And thanks for the well wishes man, looking forward to a rematch and vindication!

Finalnd may want to go take pregnancy tests because they are about three periods late to the tournement.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Gerard
2010-02-26, 09:41 PM
Somebody had fun............

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/winte ... al_wi.html (http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/winter_olympics_2010/2010/02/26/2010-02-26_canadian_olympic_womens_hockey_blasted_for_booz y_celebration_after_gold_medal_wi.html)

wunaladreamin
2010-02-26, 10:27 PM
Who cares? It's not like they were running naked on the streets or vandalizing anything. An American snowboarder got the boot from the olympic village after pictures surfaced of him holding his bronze medal in front of his bad place whilst an asian chick simulated oral on it. Was it tasteless? To some I suppose, but come on, these kids are living in the moment on the world's biggest stage. As long as no laws are broken and nobody gets hurt, who cares?

NIKV69
2010-02-26, 11:16 PM
I don't have any issue with the girl's hockey team doing that. They waited till everyone was gone but they made their mistake by having one of the underage players drinking. Would have been smarter to do that in the locker room.

Gerard
2010-02-27, 12:24 AM
Who cares? It's not like they were running naked on the streets or vandalizing anything. An American snowboarder got the boot from the olympic village after pictures surfaced of him holding his bronze medal in front of his bad place whilst an asian chick simulated oral on it. Was it tasteless? To some I suppose, but come on, these kids are living in the moment on the world's biggest stage. As long as no laws are broken and nobody gets hurt, who cares?

Hell I sure dont care but the stuffy suits at the IOC sure do. Its all about image.
In the case of the US snowboarder I believe he actually left on his own before the IOC could react. He admitted he used
poor judgement. I thought it was pretty funny.

Gerard
2010-02-27, 12:49 AM
OK Canada fans, take a DEEP BREATH!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
How the hell Demitra missed the net!!!!????! WOW!!! Crossbar I believe.
He and Luongo shared a laugh as they shook hands at the end.

Matt Molnar
2010-02-27, 05:26 AM
You stay classy, Canada:
http://i.imgur.com/lG670.jpg

On that note, I'm excited about USA-Canada on Sunday.

Gerard
2010-02-27, 08:28 AM
On that note, I'm excited about USA-Canada on Sunday.

As is NBC and the NHL. Ratings should be pretty good with this match-up and it's a good showcase for
the NHL and hockey.

wunaladreamin
2010-02-27, 08:56 AM
You stay classy, Canada:
http://i.imgur.com/lG670.jpg

You too USA! :lol: :lol: :lol:
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.tmz.com/media/2010/02/0219_scotty_lago_splash.jpg

Honestly, I'll be happy when tomorrow's over. I've been close to a heart attack a few times over here and it took every bit of self restraint to not throw my remote through my tv last night. I'd like to know where the team that played Russia was. Because if the team that played Slovakia shows up tomorrow, we're in trouble.

NIKV69
2010-02-27, 12:53 PM
You stay classy, Canada

When was Canada ever classy?

cancidas
2010-02-27, 01:48 PM
most important, what time is sunday's game?

hiss srq
2010-02-27, 01:49 PM
OUCH! The poor judgement in my opinion stems more from the choice of female he elected to have take that picture. Shes rough! By my standards at least.

wunaladreamin
2010-02-27, 01:55 PM
You stay classy, Canada

Quoth he who took the time away from the Vegas happy-ending massage parlors to post such a stupid statement.

Smooth move ex-lax.

Gerard
2010-02-27, 03:48 PM
most important, what time is sunday's game?

3PM on NBC

gettysburgerrn
2010-02-27, 04:37 PM
That'll be fun to watch ... Im looking forward to it....think Ill make some wings and get me some beer...hold it thats the super bowl....ah what the heck sounds like a plan....

ken

wunaladreamin
2010-02-27, 04:45 PM
That'll be fun to watch ... Im looking forward to it....think Ill make some wings and get me some beer...hold it thats the super bowl....ah what the heck sounds like a plan....

ken
Lucky you. I've had to endure the tournament sober. If I was drunk watching these games, i'd have shot out my tv screen by the end of last week!

wunaladreamin
2010-02-27, 06:04 PM
Hey Nick, there's a snippet on the Olympic coverage documenting the way the Canadians stepped up to help you Americans out during 9/11. Aiding in getting every plane down. Bus drivers walking off the picket lines of a strike to ferry stranded Americans to shelters where home cooked meals and donated clothes awaited them. Store owners just letting folks take any necessity off the shelf with no charge. So maybe you should do a little thinking before you open your gaping, ignorant maw and spew crap out from in between your jowels and insult the good people of an incredible nation who have backed the USA up without question time and time again in war and peace. I am just about as patriotic as any American citizen can get, but I'll NEVER forget where I came from.

gettysburgerrn
2010-02-28, 07:53 AM
I saw that piece and was really impressed- it was a story I hadnt heard before. I usually dont like the filler they put on the olympics to kill time, but this one was first rate....

Ken

Gerard
2010-02-28, 10:23 AM
[quote="wunaladreamin"] the good people of an incredible nation who have backed the USA up without question time and time again in war and peace.

That is without a doubt so true. We are very fortunate to have them as are allies as opposed to those to the
southwest.
I think maybe Nick was just yanking your crank. :)

wunaladreamin
2010-02-28, 10:34 AM
G, I'm over that **** man. Bigger fish to fry today. I'm either going to be in a really really good mood later, or in a REALLY REALLY bad mood later!

Gerard
2010-02-28, 10:44 AM

ken
Lucky you. I've had to endure the tournament sober. If I was drunk watching these games, i'd have shot out my tv screen by the end of last week!

Damn you act like this sober? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Heard a great quote by Matthew Barnaby on ESPN. "The US WANTS to win this game. Canada NEEDS to win this game".
BTW he picks Canada to win.
Enjoy the game and good luck!!

wunaladreamin
2010-02-28, 10:51 AM
LMAO! Hockey is life my friend lol. We shall see about today. It really depends on which version of team Canada shows up. If it's the team Canada that played Slovakia and Germany, then I got my Advil and a bottle of Rolaids on standby. If you get the team Canada that played Russia, then I'll be toasting with some Labatt Blues! Either way, it should be a wicked game and good luck to you as well sir. Really, let the best team win.

Nick
2010-02-28, 10:53 AM
G, I'm over that **** man. Bigger fish to fry today. I'm either going to be in a really really good mood later, or in a REALLY REALLY bad mood later!

Please post pics of the meltdown!!

wunaladreamin
2010-02-28, 10:58 AM
LMAO! You can be my one phone call!

hiss srq
2010-02-28, 12:15 PM
Hahahaha...... I am going to have to shut my phone off come game time. After the game it will be back on. I fear a bullet via text message if not. Hahaha

mirrodie
2010-02-28, 01:34 PM
NIKV69 wrote:
Quote:
You stay classy, Canada

Quoth he who took the time away from the Vegas happy-ending massage parlors to post such a stupid statement.

Smooth move ex-lax.

Why are you hating on Nick when Matt threw it down initially?

Speaking of classy, I would love to toss Cheryl Bernard a classy lil spanking.

And Kenny, quit playing up the whole testosterone filled hockey diatribe. We all know that you're all about the ice dancing. You're such a Nancie! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :wink:

hiss srq
2010-02-28, 01:40 PM
Mario, Cheryl Bernard is the woman of my dreams. OMFG I'd love to be the handle on her curling rock.

wunaladreamin
2010-02-28, 06:49 PM
http://www.sportzone.ca/uploads/9882/images//HockeyCanadaLogo.jpg

Gerard
2010-02-28, 07:07 PM
That game was absolutely CRAZY!!! OMG I think my heart just started beating again.
Congrats to our great Northern allies, Canada!!

wunaladreamin
2010-02-28, 07:10 PM
What a game!!! I, personally, have lost a **** ton of sleep over the past two weeks. My sincerest congratulations to team USA for one hell of a hockey game. Tonight I raise my Labatts to you! I am a sobbing, blubbering mess right now.

lijk604
2010-02-28, 08:19 PM
And a LaBatts to you as well Kenny. That was one damn fine game. I was thinking the US had all the momentum going into OT (by the way I did hear you pop about 50 Rolaids when Parise scored with 24 seconds left) but alas, the US got beat by the only person on Team Canada I wish hadn't figured in the game. Sid, the d-bag, Crosby. But, credit where credit is due, he put a great move on his defenseman, Iginla found him with a sweet pass, and Miller was caught with his pants down. Congrats Canada, an Olympic record 14 Gold medals, you showed well.

Congrats to Team USA, the most unlikely total medals winner. Look out 2014, the US men's cross country skiing team is headed your way. LOL!!!

wunaladreamin
2010-02-28, 08:36 PM
Tomorrow, I'll go back to hating Crosby. Tonight, plunger lips is my father!

Now until June...LETS GO CAPS!!!

*edit

Oh BTW the skip (captain) of Canada's ladies curling team is a total milf and I would let her do things to me that are illegal in at least 12 states. Cheryl Bernard's the name. Google it lol.

MarkLawrence
2010-02-28, 08:59 PM
As I said on Facebook - I'm not a person that normally watches hockey - but that was one heck of a game! Congrats Canada - Kenny will be one drunken fool in a little while - if he isn't already :lol: Great game Team USA. Watching a game like that reminds me of something a Canadian told me many years ago - and it was the reason that a certain sexual position named after a domestic four-legged animal was involved - so that Canadians could do something else while watching hockey :)

wunaladreamin
2010-02-28, 09:17 PM
As I said on Facebook - I'm not a person that normally watches hockey - but that was one heck of a game! Congrats Canada - Kenny will be one drunken fool in a little while - if he isn't already :lol: Great game Team USA. Watching a game like that reminds me of something a Canadian told me many years ago - and it was the reason that a certain sexual position named after a domestic four-legged animal was involved - so that Canadians could do something else while watching hockey :)
LOL I am drunker than **** right now! And for that position...if the rest of the Canadians were as half as amped for this game as I was, there would have been alot of chicks tossed off alot of beds midway through warmups lol.

Matt Molnar
2010-02-28, 10:20 PM
so that Canadians could do something else while watching hockey :)
Psssh, like Canadians can get laid.

hiss srq
2010-02-28, 10:31 PM
My hat off to Canada. My hat off to Kenny as his ceilling fan and every other non living object survived today. I am not pleased though. I am licking my wounds right now over a single malt scotch and Newports.

wunaladreamin
2010-03-01, 06:49 AM
Would you like to smell my junk? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Matt Molnar
2010-03-01, 03:50 PM
Would you like to smell my junk? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Does it smell like Sydney Crosby? :mrgreen:

wunaladreamin
2010-03-01, 04:19 PM
LMAO **** no!

MarkLawrence
2010-03-01, 06:09 PM
TM -F- I Kenny!! :lol:

hiss srq
2010-03-01, 06:36 PM
Ask Kenny about his new Canadian bacon shop he is opening up. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

wunaladreamin
2010-03-01, 07:44 PM
Ask Kenny about his new Canadian bacon shop he is opening up. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Do you really want me to get banned? lol

mirrodie
2010-03-01, 10:10 PM
Oh BTW the skip (captain) of Canada's ladies curling team is a total milf and I would let her do things to me that are illegal in at least 12 states. Cheryl Bernard's the name. Google it lol.

Totally tanked. Ryan and I covered this area already.

Great game. Really just a great game.

how did you feel Miller came off in post game interviews?

Matt Molnar
2010-03-02, 12:37 AM
I thought it was oddly comforting that the Americans seemed truly sad that they lost. Don't see that from millionaire athletes too often these days.

hiss srq
2010-03-02, 12:42 AM
I'd be sad too if that donkey faced, NHL Princess scored the winning goal on me. I cannot stand that kid.

Matt Molnar
2010-03-02, 12:44 AM
I'd be sad too if that donkey faced, NHL Princess scored the winning goal on me. I cannot stand that kid.
True dat.

Matt Molnar
2010-03-02, 01:36 AM
http://www.totalprosports.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/Horatio-Breaks-Down-Canadas-Mens-Hockey-Gold-Medal-Victory.png

wunaladreamin
2010-03-02, 07:11 AM
Of anyone in that entire tournament who should be hanging their heads, Ryan Miller is not one of thise people. Without his steller play, the USA wouldn't have even had the chance to play for the gold. He should be extremely proud of the way he performed and the degree of class in which he went about it.

Ryan, that pic is classic!

PhilDernerJr
2010-03-02, 11:20 AM
Russian Prez says lack of Russian medals unacceptable, demand Russian officials quit or be fired. http://www.patspapers.com/story_stack/i ... poor_show/ (http://www.patspapers.com/story_stack/item/russian_president_asks_olympic_officials_to_resign _after_poor_show/)

hiss srq
2010-03-02, 11:27 AM
HA! Yep, ask Kenny, I called it. The Russian's cannot accept that their athlete's just were not successful this time around. THIS IS THE OLYMPICS! This is not about nations being better than each other though we joke and bicker about it as such anyway. The only reason that happens is because the sports writers and MSNBC needs somthing to bicker about between 8 AM and 11AM. It is about individual achivement. Yes, we recognize the nation represented but maybe that shouldnt be the case in the first place. With exception to team sports like Hockey etc etc in the Olympics it is supposed to be about individual recognition. Not who has the most medals as a nation. To me that is a bitch smack to the athlete's that participate. It says "you are an extrodinary human for your will and endurance but do you mind if we use your talents as a podium to why we are a better nation than so and so?" It particularly is insulting to nations like Georgia and many of the other nations that have minimal showing at all in the games. It is espesially in this instance a HUGE smack to the man from Georgia who died prior to the opening of these events. It says he died doing somthing for a nations recognition instead of his own. How disgusting can the Russian goverment be? Really? YUCK! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

PhilDernerJr
2010-03-02, 11:35 AM
I do think it's about the countries as opposed to the individuals. This is why they wave the flags when they win. I don't think that can be disputed...the entire point is the representation of nations around the world.

Gerard
2010-03-02, 11:43 PM
I thought it was oddly comforting that the Americans seemed truly sad that they lost. Don't see that from millionaire athletes too often these days.

Did you see that Ryan was at the Closing Ceremonies? He came in looking relaxed, was smling and taking video
with his camera. I think a few other players were with him. That was cool to see. You cant fault the players reacting
the way they did, losing in OT after coming back to tie in the closing seconds was devestating. I remember when my
sons travel ice team lost a close game in the NY State Semi-Finals back in 2006. These tough 18/19 year olds were in tears, distraught. My son didnt say a word to me on the car ride home to L.I. from Newburgh. By the evening he was fine
and ready to talk about the game and go out with his friends.

Gerard
2010-03-03, 12:11 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=4960646

hiss srq
2010-03-03, 02:47 AM
What is... is as they say. Can't change it so celebrate what you earned. I commend Ryan Miller for being a gentlemen about taking silver. They put on an outstanding performance all the way through.

lijk604
2010-03-03, 09:10 PM
HA! Yep, ask Kenny, I called it. The Russian's cannot accept that their athlete's just were not successful this time around..... How disgusting can the Russian goverment be? Really? YUCK! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Remember this, the next Winter Olympics are being held in Sochi, RUSSIA. They wanted a good showing so that they would appear to be the favorite with the "home field advantage" in 2014. Their government is upset because they are putting Billions of rubles into building the next Olympic Village, and they were hoping a very good showing would make it an easier sell to the residents of that area.

mirrodie
2010-03-03, 10:55 PM
Im happy for all the players. I was excited to watch that game.

And I really enjoyed Cheryl Bernard. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: