PDA

View Full Version : VIDEO pax view Saudi 777 Lands with severely damaged wing

hiss srq
2010-02-17, 01:55 PM
WOW..... I am not sure how this happened or why but this video is really cool. You can see the wing spewing Hyd. Fluid. I am curious if the 777 has a similar gear design to the 767 in that when the gear retracts on the 767 there is a small door/panel that breifly comes up on the wing to allow for the movement of the gear. If you sit over the wing on the 767 and watch the wing very closely you can see the door open. Only a few inches if that.
eMJEwBXXbr8&feature=grec

USAF Pilot 07
2010-02-18, 03:50 AM
Wow, very cool.... I'm guessing either they had some sort of severe engine damage that spit out something that destroyed the flaps, or they took a huge birds with their flaps extended....

Nassau Flyers
2010-02-18, 12:34 PM
...More....Right....Rudder.... lol

This looks like it was a crazy ride!

hiss srq
2010-02-18, 12:48 PM
If you look closely at it and still frame it a few times you can see what appears to be a metal roddish like structure protruding through the middle of the damage. Part of the upper MLG assembly???????????

Matt Molnar
2010-02-18, 01:13 PM
This happened a couple years ago...if I recall correctly, the problem was actually the flap system itself getting jammed, but the pilot tried to ram it home anyway which caused it to sort of assplode.

Or maybe it was the gear. Definitely not the engine. One of those things. I forget. :)

NLovis
2010-02-18, 09:04 PM
The power of boeing for ya. Danaged and still able to make the trip over. Many many years of this its proven. Airbus? those would break up.

kc2aqg
2010-02-18, 10:17 PM
Airbus? those would break up.

Seriously? Did you really just say that? Let's take a few examples...jetBlue at LAX, US Airways on the Hudson, Air France in Toronto - all with no loss of life. I'm a Boeing fan myself, but you can't knock on Airbus based on that.

Please do not be ignorant and PLEASE do not make uninformed foolish comments...

NLovis
2010-02-18, 10:49 PM

Seriously? Did you really just say that? Let's take a few examples...jetBlue at LAX, US Airways on the Hudson, Air France in Toronto - all with no loss of life. I'm a Boeing fan myself, but you can't knock on Airbus based on that.

Please do not be ignorant and PLEASE do not make uninformed foolish comments...
I was talking about stuff like that. Remember Airbus a/c are more hydrolic based then Boeing a/c is. Yea I know there r examples out there. But are there any where they are flying with a hole in the wing and a hydrolic leak? There is nothing on that aspect.

Delta777LR
2010-02-18, 11:27 PM

Dont forget the UA A319 incident I did see at EWR on January!