PDA

View Full Version : JFK T3 to be demolished?

hiss srq
2010-02-12, 11:40 AM
Browsing another website this morning one of the top discussions was about JFK T3 (Delta WorldPort) being demolished for a new terminal. I know there has been discussion for eons already about this happening but according to one of the sources on that site a Delta corperate meeting discussed it in detail. In my opinion it would be a travisty to outright demolish a structure with soo much history etc.... Obviously this is business and from my understanding (Not using the terminal often) the operation is quite inefficent. Has anyone from inside the Delta world heard any more detailed information on this? Opinions are obviously welcome.

Matt Molnar
2010-02-12, 12:32 PM
They've already turned it into a dump. Not much to save at this point.

Matt Molnar
2010-02-12, 12:41 PM
Also, info posted by flight attendants on Anet = not always real accurate.

But given the limited space, I don't know what else they could do.

NLovis
2010-02-13, 04:32 AM
Yea T3 is small but its the only olden days terminal still in use here. I say refurbish it, demolish the much smaller T2 and rebuild that. They still have the old DAL sign in front of it. If the terminal isnt on the historic list though sadly I dont see anyway of saving it of they do decide to demolish it. All the other terminals have been refurbished on the inside now minus the currently closed T6. All we can do is watch.