PDA

View Full Version : Seattle Security Guards watch as girl gets beat

Midnight Mike
2010-02-12, 08:27 AM
12-Feb-2010

After tunnel beating, Metro wants guards to do more

After last month's beating of a 15-year-old girl in the Downtown Seattle Transit Tunnel, Metro Transit said it will change its contract with Olympic Security to compel guards to intervene rather than simply "observe and report" as someone is pummeled.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/l ... me11m.html (http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2011039499_tunnelcrime11m.html)

Within a few days, private security guards working in the Downtown Seattle Transit Tunnel will be expected to do more than simply watch and call police as someone is pummeled.

Kevin Desmond, general manager for King County Metro Transit, said Wednesday he is discussing contract changes with Olympic Security, whose current orders are to only "observe and report" illegal activity.

Talk of rule changes follows a Jan. 28 beating in which a 15-year-old girl punched another girl on the Westlake Station tunnel platform, then kicked her six times in the head as three guards looked on and called for help. Moments earlier, the victim had tried to avoid the attack by standing near the guards, surveillance video shows.

Derf
2010-02-12, 10:07 AM
if he had touched her, he probably would have been sued... or jumped by her friends.....then we are taking defending yourself and that would probably lead to an assault on a minor lawsuit. It is amazing that these guys are told not to touch and then they are slammed for not doing anything. This guy got between the two girls, it showed he wanted to intervene.

I would love to see his take on the story. I wonder if the girl that kicked the crap out of the other girl was charged...or are we just talking about the Bad security guard!

Mayi757
2010-02-13, 05:46 AM
Society is pretty screwed up, sorry. Sued while stopping that animal aka "teenage girl" from kicking another person in the head and the face who is laying on the ground?

System is screwed too. This animal will do some time in juvi (few months at the most) and then come right out, even more angry, even more ghetto and will probably kill "whoever messes with her man" next.

As for the guards, how about calling the cops?? I could be totally wrong, but possibly they were just as ghetto and young as the kicking giraffe herself.

Derf
2010-02-13, 09:14 AM
From what I have read, they had called the cops before the first punch was thrown. It sounded like they were concerned but did not wnt to touch the minors. I liked when the guard went inbetween the two girls when the kicking started, but did not touch the girl. Like I said, I would love his take on it.

Tom_Turner
2010-02-13, 12:59 PM
Yes, these types of security guards are generally not meant to take action apart from calling the police. At one time, long ago, they might've been able to. But now, they most assuredly would risk being held "accountable" by demented judges, juries & possibly even politicians in some cases, if any "injury" befell the aggressor(s). The security agent (their employer) and the corporate or govt entity they have been assigned to, would both wash their hands clean of it to whatever extent they are able... very unfortunate.

Tom