PDA

View Full Version : Starbucks and Guns

cancidas
2010-02-08, 12:48 PM
i got this on another forum, and i don't know how many here are gun owners like myself. in today's world of stupidity and ignorance a bit of common sense:

Marie Antoinette's alleged answer of "let them eat cake" to the question of how to feed starving peasants during the French Revolution may have sped her journey to the guillotine. But that was most probably due to the fact that there was no cake to eat.

Starbucks on the other hand is open for business and serving gun owners without discrimination, unlike some other commercial outfits like Peet's Coffee & Tea. Recently in California when hand gun carriers were told "no room at the Inn" by Pete's, they headed to Starbucks, causing anti-gun outfits to demand Starbucks' discriminate against lawful gun owners.

Starbucks' replies?
"Starbucks supports the federal, state and local laws of the communities in which we do business,"
&
"Starbucks does not have a corporate policy regarding customers and weapons; we defer to federal, state and local laws and regulations regarding this issue."

In "shock," the Brady Campaign and other anti-gun rights propaganda organizations have pretty much flipped their sippy cups over the idea that a mainstream progressive commercial icon appears to be pro-gun - "more and more gun owners have been gathering at restaurants and coffee shops like Starbucks with guns strapped to their hips, intimidating fellow patrons," chortled the Brady Camapign. Another anti-gun rights group screamed of a growing "open carry hangun cult threatening public safety."

These histrionic statements are reminiscent of that scene in the 1942 movie Casablanca where Vichy French Captain Renault walks into Rick's American Café and announces "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here!"

Here's a hint as to what's really going on: that corporation called Starbucks is just a little piece of paper in some state secretary of state's file drawer full of incorporation filings.. And that corporation's managers have a legal duty to both (1) maximize profits for their shareholders and (2) meet employee payroll every week - so its no surprise that they do business with all lawful and peaceful paying comers. Most other American corporations will do as well, just ask Best Buy, Inc., the computer retailer giant:

http://www.examiner.com/x-2782-DC-Gun-Rights-Examiner~y2010m2d5-Let-them-drink-Starbucks

Matt Molnar
2010-02-08, 01:38 PM
Quite stupid that any national chain aside from a bank or a jewelery store (and most states restrict carrying in places like that, anyway) would go out of their way to make a policy like that.

PhilDernerJr
2010-02-08, 01:41 PM
Handgun "cult"? The same cult that has been around ofr hundreds of years and founded our nation....as opposed to the much smaller cult that started in the past few decades. Ha.