PDA

View Full Version : Child Abuse laws In The USA

hiss srq
2010-02-04, 01:54 PM
I recently had a debate with someone on the pro's and cons of "whooping your kid's a$$" and why I personally think that it is a good thing from time to time. I'll be the first to admit that I don't have any kids (That I know of :borat: ) but I do have a large abundance of children under the age of 13 in my family and in the population of children my friends obviously have. Personally, I think that a good smack on the cheek or a spanking from time to time is the best way to handle certain situations such as reoccuring disobediance etc etc... I know it worked for me as a kid but that is another story.

I just think that we have created a large sense of entitlement in the newest generations (mine inclusive) that has led to a level of lazyness, selfishness and relative immoral level of behaivor. Alot of it is brought on by what the generations of today see on the TV and web etc etc etc but I think some of it is because parents today and of "yesterday" are just too caught up in their own BS for part of it and some of it is the fact that things like media outlets and school's getting way to involved in a kids home life have affected the way to bring up generations.

I personally find it frustrating and kind of detest that we have putten minor's in the driver seat as a society. There is no guidance I feel like when I look around at kids these days.

What are the opinions of the rest of you? Were you spanked as a child or spoiled? Why or why not is a little physical retrobution a good thing in your eyes?

lijk604
2010-02-04, 04:16 PM
Ryan, I actually agree 100% with you on this one. This generation of kids is a generation of entitlement. I see many examples of "me, me, me" or "buy me this" where parents just do it to shut the kids up. Parents also don't want to be seen in public scolding their children because every busybody has a cell phone and cant wait to report an abusive parent.

Ponder this:
When I was younger and played Little League, there was always a winning team, and a losing team. When you won you got pizza or ice cream, if you lost, you went home and tried harder next time out. Now, everyone gets a turn at bat, everyone gets ice cream or pizza, why?Because we dont want any kid to feel bad. UGH! Where is the incentive to get better???

I say teach your kids a lesson, a good smack in the ass makes your child think about what they did, and will learn from it. Kids today are going to wonder why when they graduate they are just not given a job or made a manager.