PDA

View Full Version : Rejected gay Super Bowl ad

Midnight Mike
2010-01-30, 11:49 AM
NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- Super Bowl network CBS rejected an ad Friday from ManCrunch.com, a gay dating Web site.

"After reviewing the ad, which is entirely commercial in nature, our standards and practices department decided not to accept this particular spot," said CBS spokeswoman Shannon Jacobs. "We are always open to working with a client on alternative submissions."

Facebook Digg Twitter Buzz Up! Email Print

Super Bowl 2010 ads preview

The ads for Super Bowl 2010 bring back some old faces as well as a few newcomers.
said it turned down the ad partly for financial reasons, but ManCrunch believes that there's more to it than that.

"It's straight-up discrimination," said Elissa Buchter, spokeswoman for the Toronto-based dating site.

Jacobs of CBS declined to comment on the charge of discrimination.

Buchter provided a copy of the CBS rejection letter to CNNMoney, which states that the ad "is not within the Network's broadcast standards for Super Bowl Sunday."

The letter also states that the CBS sales department "has had difficulty verifying [ManCrunch's] credit status."

http://money.cnn.com/2010/01/29/news/co ... yes&hpt=T2 (http://money.cnn.com/2010/01/29/news/companies/mancrunch_ad_super_bowl/index.htm?cnn=yes&hpt=T2)

GxgdPaCJUcI

Matt Molnar
2010-01-30, 06:36 PM
Judging by the crummy production quality of the commercial, I'd wager these guys never had the money to pay CBS, but have scored tens of millions-worth in free publicity by getting the media to gobble up this story and re-broadcasting the commercial everywhere for $0. Bravo.

Midnight Mike
2010-01-31, 08:16 PM
Judging by the crummy production quality of the commercial, I'd wager these guys never had the money to pay CBS, but have scored tens of millions-worth in free publicity by getting the media to gobble up this story and re-broadcasting the commercial everywhere for $0. Bravo.

Yeah, paying $10 million in cash for the commercial had me raising an eyebrow!