PDA

View Full Version : Delta CEO: "We are playing to win in New York."

Matt Molnar
2010-01-27, 01:11 PM
Delta says it's 'playing to win in New York' (http://www.marke****ch.com/story/delta-air-lines-playing-to-win-in-new-york-2010-01-26?reflink=MW_news_stmp)

Jan. 26, 2010, 7:27 p.m. EST
Carrier focuses on premium-paying passengers to fatten its bottom line

By Christopher Hinton, Marke****ch

NEW YORK (Marke****ch) -- The world's largest airline, Delta Air Lines Inc., said Tuesday that New York's LaGuardia and John F. Kennedy airports play key roles in growing its corporate-travel business, as the global economy recovers from recession.

Combined, the airports are No. 3 in terms of passenger traffic, just after Atlanta's Hartsfield-Jackson and Chicago's O'Hare airports, according to data from Airports Council International. [Full Article (http://www.marke****ch.com/story/delta-air-lines-playing-to-win-in-new-york-2010-01-26?reflink=MW_news_stmp)]

Matt Molnar
2010-01-27, 01:20 PM
They announced $1 billion in fleet and lounge upgrades a couple days ago with no mention of NY. I wonder if a JFK terminal announcement can be expected any time soon...they're not going to win anything if they keep that dump going indefinitely.

hiss srq
2010-01-27, 02:23 PM
No doubt they have JFK's plan soon in the works. I do question their ability to keep the Shuttle though with their ambitions for LGA unless they are intrested in sacrificing Atlanta (which obviously wont happen)

emshighway
2010-01-28, 07:00 PM
No doubt they have JFK's plan soon in the works. I do question their ability to keep the Shuttle though with their ambitions for LGA unless they are intrested in sacrificing Atlanta (which obviously wont happen)

Atlanta will run out of the current LGA Delta Terminal gates. The Shuttle operations (ticket counters and checkpoint) will run out of the current US Airways Terminal Shuttle Arrivals level. US Airways will move to just four gates at the current Delta Terminal and most of Delta's operations will come out of the current US Airways Terminal. US Airways Shuttle Operations (and a few other flights) will run out of the Marine Air Terminal.

NLovis
2010-01-31, 10:45 AM
Yea my father did say there cutting more over there. (hes ex LGA US Air)

JetBlueAirwaysFan
2010-02-20, 12:33 AM
How much can Delta really win New York in terms of domestic flights with JetBlue based at JFK? Yes, Delta has a large NY presence, but their home is still Atlanta. JetBlue's home is New York.

NLovis
2010-02-20, 12:48 AM
How much can Delta really win New York in terms of domestic flights with JetBlue based at JFK? Yes, Delta has a large NY presence, but their home is still Atlanta. JetBlue's home is New York.
For now. Note the possible plans of an HQ move for JB. Also remember AA has a big presence here in NY as well. AA also redid their terminal as well so thats a bonus for them. DAL needs to rennovate T2 and 3 in order to move on with their goal.