PDA

View Full Version : Air New Zealand Unveils Revolutionary Y Product

Iberia A340-600
2010-01-25, 08:55 PM
Air New Zealand has finally released their revolutionary interior upgrades for their new Boeing 777-300ER fleet. In economy, Air New Zealand launches their new "skycouch" product which allows for a lie-flat experience.

Lql77jkiztc

When Boeing delivers its first 777-300ER to Air New Zealand in November, the first 11 window rows of its economy class cabin will feature a new "Skycouch" to provide a lie-flat experience. As launch customer for the 787-9, the innovative new seat was intended to be introduced starting with the first delivery originally set for late 2010.

The airline hopes that two adults will purchase two seats and a third at roughly half the price to take advantage of the lie-flat Skycouch. No word yet on whether or not the seats will be restricted on low load factor flights, so there are definite questions on how they will manage the revenue on this very unique product.

The airline also plans to introduce a six-abreast 2-2-2 configuration for new angled Premium Economy seating (Photo below) that features a common table that Air New Zealand is comparing to business jet seats.

http://www.flightglobal.com/blogs/fligh ... conom.html (http://www.flightglobal.com/blogs/flightblogger/2010/01/air-new-zealand-unveils-econom.html)

Matt Molnar
2010-01-25, 11:50 PM
Pretty cool. Can't wait to see how well this works.

cancidas
2010-01-26, 12:22 AM
i like it! what's the seat pitch on thier a/c? it's got to be more than any carrier here in the US.

Matt Molnar
2010-01-26, 12:53 AM
i like it! what's the seat pitch on thier a/c? it's got to be more than any carrier here in the US.
Nope, 31in-33in.

cancidas
2010-01-26, 05:57 AM
Nope, 31in-33in.
in that case no matter what they do Y is going to suck big time for me...

JZ1
2010-01-26, 11:02 AM
This is not that "revolutionary". NZ basically allows Y passengers to buy the rights to lie down. I am curious as whether some kind of special seat belt is used for these seats.

cancidas
2010-01-26, 11:06 AM
This is not that "revolutionary". NZ basically allows Y passengers to buy the rights to lie down. I am curious as whether some kind of special seat belt is used for these seats.
maybe just one that's a little bit longer. i've kicked my feet up in an open row, and even got to lie down in one and still used a standard seatbelt.

Iberia A340-600
2010-01-26, 12:11 PM

But to lie down with no limitations and extra space. I think the "couch" aspect of the seats is pretty revolutionary.

T-Bird76
2010-01-26, 11:28 PM

Agreed, this is not "revolutionary" at all and doesn'teven look all the comfortable...