PDA

View Full Version : Live Tracking on CNN...

Planesntrains
2010-01-14, 06:15 PM
Hey all,

I've been watching the traffic into and out of MTPP, but only what's available online. Flight Aware, etc, don't show the military flights. However, on CNN I've been seeing them showing live tracking with all flights, including the military flights with their idents showing blocked.

Anyone know what they're using?

lijk604
2010-01-15, 01:41 PM
Looks like Flight Explorer. It's a pay site, a rather pricey one at that. The place I worked at 3 years ago used it, and it ran approx $750/year.

SmAlbany
2010-01-15, 02:33 PM
Looks like Flight Explorer. It's a pay site, a rather pricey one at that. The place I worked at 3 years ago used it, and it ran approx $750/year.

I used to pay for a home version of flight explorer. It was $10/month for a certain amount of minutes (maybe 10 hours?). I don't, however, remember that it tracked military flights. I had it during the time that the shoe bomber guy did his thing and the flight got diverted to BOS. I was watching BOS on flight explorer at the time and even though I know that there were F-15s that intercepted the flight, they never showed up on the tracker.

I ditched flight explorer once flightaware came into existence.

Planesntrains
2010-01-15, 03:32 PM
Roger...thanks guys.