PDA

View Full Version : Pat Robertson is an IDIOT!!!!!!!!!!!

Gerard
2010-01-13, 08:55 PM
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/2 ... says_.html (http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/2010/01/13/2010-01-13_haitians_pact_with_the_devil_caused_earthquake_ says_.html)

Would like to use stronger words but dont want to get in trouble.
:x :x :x :x :x :x :x

MarkLawrence
2010-01-13, 09:02 PM
A-Freaking-Men! The man is just.....

moose135
2010-01-13, 09:25 PM
Pat Robertson is an IDIOT!!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah, Gerard, like that's really breaking news isn't it? :wink:

Did they get a golden fiddle in the deal?
FgvfRSzmMoU

T-Bird76
2010-01-13, 09:30 PM
WOW.....I'm just shocked..when you think he can't say anything worse and btw very "nonChristian" like he tops his prior *********gery.

Matt Molnar
2010-01-13, 09:47 PM
H-CAcdta_8I

NIKV69
2010-01-13, 11:28 PM
Jeez horrible, Rush really said some stupid stuff using Haiti to attack Obama as well. Very poor form.

Gerard
2010-01-13, 11:42 PM
Jeez horrible, Rush really said some stupid stuff using Haiti to attack Obama as well. Very poor form.

Absolutely disgusting and the Republicans better tread lightly on this or it might come back and bite them on their fat butts.
This is not an issue to play politics with.

NIKV69
2010-01-14, 12:15 AM
The republican party doesn't have anything to do with or can control what Rush says. He is a radio talk show host. Not an elected official.

T-Bird76
2010-01-14, 09:43 AM
The republican party doesn't have anything to do with or can control what Rush says. He is a radio talk show host. Not an elected official.

But he's the unoffical "face" of the GOP Nick. His listeners are 99% GOP.

NIKV69
2010-01-14, 10:13 AM
So 99% of Rachel Maddow's listeners are far left liberals and she says dumb things too. Does that make her an unofficial "face" of the DNC? Of course not. Rush is not a face for the GOP. official or otherwise. This is just a talking point, spin and propaganda propagated by the left to make you believe the GOP is evil because sometimes he says stupid things but also has been pretty accurate and has pointed out how bad Obama and Pelosi have screwed things up. As the approval polls drop and senate races tighten like the one in MA next week this will only get worse but still doesn't make Rush anything but what he is. A citizen with an opinion that differs from the far left and is potentially damaging to them.

T-Bird76
2010-01-14, 01:13 PM
So 99% of Rachel Maddow's listeners are far left liberals and she says dumb things too. Does that make her an unofficial "face" of the DNC? Of course not. Rush is not a face for the GOP. official or otherwise. This is just a talking point, spin and propaganda propagated by the left to make you believe the GOP is evil because sometimes he says stupid things but also has been pretty accurate and has pointed out how bad Obama and Pelosi have screwed things up. As the approval polls drop and senate races tighten like the one in MA next week this will only get worse but still doesn't make Rush anything but what he is. A citizen with an opinion that differs from the far left and is potentially damaging to them.

Nick in many cases perception is people's reality and its no secret Rush speaks from the right, and his opinions and suggestions are taken by heart from his audience. What he said was stupid and had no place on the air. The Gov't response so far to Haiti is leaps and bounds better then it was for Kattrina.

NIKV69
2010-01-14, 04:59 PM
What he said was stupid and had no place on the air. The Gov't response so far to Haiti is leaps and bounds better then it was for Kattrina.

Can't argue that. I am very disappointed in him being a part time listener of his. Haiti should be out of bounds for all radio personalities. That was low and GWB did screw the dog on Katrina his admins response was piss poor.

Matt Molnar
2010-01-14, 05:51 PM
Katrina was the beginning of the end for Dubya. If it had been handled correctly, things would have gone much, much differently. Unfortunately "the end" was three years long.

Mayi757
2010-01-16, 03:49 AM
Haiti, Cuba and many other places in Latin America where the government has brought a tradition/culture of atheism and cults like Voodoo, Santeria, etc have progressed... backwards. Haiti used to be wealthy, Havana used to be a world city.

It's a valid argument that centuries of Voodoo for the former, and half a century of Marxism, atheism and Santeria for the latter, has brought them to where they are today.

Gerard
2010-01-16, 10:57 AM
Haiti, Cuba and many other places in Latin America where the government has brought a tradition/culture of atheism and cults like Voodoo, Santeria, etc have progressed... backwards. Haiti used to be wealthy, Havana used to be a world city.

It's a valid argument that centuries of Voodoo for the former, and half a century of Marxism, atheism and Santeria for the latter, has brought them to where they are today.

All valid points BUT..... none of that caused the earthquake.

Matt Molnar
2010-01-16, 01:29 PM
Best newspaper letter to the editor ever:

Minneapolis Star-Tribune (http://www.startribune.com/opinion/letters/81595442.html):

Dear Pat Robertson,

I know that you know that all press is good press, so I appreciate the shout-out. And you make God look like a big mean bully who kicks people when they are down, so I'm all over that action. But when you say that Haiti has made a pact with me, it is totally humiliating. I may be evil incarnate, but I'm no welcher. The way you put it, making a deal with me leaves folks desperate and impoverished. Sure, in the afterlife, but when I strike bargains with people, they first get something here on earth -- glamour, beauty, talent, wealth, fame, glory, a golden fiddle. Those Haitians have nothing, and I mean nothing. And that was before the earthquake. Haven't you seen "Crossroads"? Or "Damn Yankees"? If I had a thing going with Haiti, there'd be lots of banks, skyscrapers, SUVs, exclusive night clubs, Botox -- that kind of thing. An 80 percent poverty rate is so not my style. Nothing against it -- I'm just saying: Not how I roll. You're doing great work, Pat, and I don't want to clip your wings -- just, come on, you're making me look bad. And not the good kind of bad. Keep blaming God. That's working. But leave me out of it, please. Or we may need to renegotiate your own contract.

Best,
Satan

LILY COYLE, MINNEAPOLIS

Mayi757
2010-01-16, 02:53 PM

All valid points BUT..... none of that caused the earthquake.

thanks, I'm just saying...

As far as Robertson and these media personalities, I'm a skeptic and not sure why so many people even take them this seriously.

On the other hand, it does seems as if some places just get a disaster after another. Haiti already had some devastating floods a few years ago, and there are far more likely places than Port-Au-Prince for an earthquake to occur in the Caribbean area. Truth is, the country and society was already a tragedy before this earthquake, poor people..

Gerard
2010-01-16, 06:25 PM
> Truth is, the country and society was already a tragedy before this earthquake, poor people..[/quote]<

Cant argue with that. Sad but true.

Tom_Turner
2010-01-16, 09:17 PM
In other news, Actor Danny Glover believes that the Haitian earthquake was caused by climate change and global warming: Says Glover: “When we see what we did at the climate summit in Copenhagen, this is the response, this is what happens, you know what I’m sayin’?”

Tom

T-Bird76
2010-01-16, 11:08 PM

Latin America and Central America are highly devote Catholic nations, more so then the U.S. Santeria and Voodooism exist but on the fringes of soceity. The church in these nations play a far greater day to day role then the Church plays here in the U.S.

moose135
2010-01-16, 11:24 PM
Priceless!

Mayi757
2010-01-18, 04:56 AM
Latin America and Central America are highly devote Catholic nations, more so then the U.S. Santeria and Voodooism exist but on the fringes of soceity. The church in these nations play a far greater day to day role then the Church plays here in the U.S.

I'm not sure if you have ever been in Latin America but the Catholicism you see in Latin America is mixed in with local rituals and other eithnic beliefs. The pure Catholicism of the Pope over there in the Vatican certainly ain't it. Haiti is supposedly mostly catholic but most actually practice/believe in Vodoo.

Minneapolis Star-Tribune (http://www.startribune.com/opinion/letters/81595442.html):

LOL! don't know why I didn't read that earlier

Yes Tom, emissions caused both the tsunami and the earthquake (next disaster too)

Tom_Turner
2010-01-18, 10:38 AM
The last leader of Haiti was a "Catholic Priest" who liked the smell of burning (on fire) tires on the bodies of political enemies.

There was a military coup, but worshiping at the alter of "democracy", Clinton Administration got rid of that guy... [in favor of the "priest" of course...who has now offered his return... :( ]

Tom