PDA

View Full Version : Supply drive/fund raiser for Haiti?

hiss srq
2010-01-13, 02:55 PM
Is anyone interested in creating a supply drive and fund raiser for the releif effort in Haiti? I know that most of us are scraping to survive here in the states as it is but considering as little as they have in Haiti and our abilities as American's I was thinking about trying to start somthing. I will admittedly say I don't even know where to start with the process but if anyone is intrested I would love to hear from you and get some information. The way I personally see it is Haiti is a bad place to live on a good day for most and now the nation is pretty much destroyed.

mirrodie
2010-01-13, 03:17 PM
There is my Aunt's organization that helps with children and education. However, their efforts are obviously being redirected.

http://www.cohef.org Should you decide to donate a little or a lot to that organization, please be sure to mention that Mario sent you.

With texting, donating is very easy.
You can text “HAITI” to 90999 to donate $10 to American Red Cross relief for Haiti.
You can donate $5 to Haiti by texting "Yele" to 501501.

As I stated on my FB page, if each of my 700 FB friends sent a text to the red cross, that is a huge help.

hiss srq
2010-01-13, 03:21 PM
I'm on it Mario. Thanks man.

T-Bird76
2010-01-13, 04:00 PM
Test message sent! I'll post to my FB page when I get home.

mirrodie
2010-01-13, 04:01 PM
Thank YOU!

There's a feeling of helplessness among us. I can't leave my family to go help but we do ahve some other doctors in the family who can and are making their way down there.

There is a thread on Anet regarding PAP and its runways. Apparently the last AA ofhte day made it out but likely without ATC's help.

hiss srq
2010-01-13, 04:11 PM
Right now ATC ability is limited there. The runway is functional but everyone Ive talked to who will be flying in and out are going to be making a pass on the runway prior to landing.

hiss srq
2010-01-13, 04:12 PM
Right now ATC ability is limited there. The runway is functional but everyone Ive talked to who will be flying in and out are going to be making a pass on the runway prior to landing.