PDA

View Full Version : Which Hub Do You Frequent the Most?

JetBlueAirwaysFan
2010-01-06, 11:48 AM
I kind of like these polls. I thought I would see which hub everyone uses the most when they travel. New York not included.

My vote:
Being a DAB local right now, my vote goes to Atlanta.

Note:
Chicago has been divided into ORD and MDW though Dallas/Ft. Worth has not been divided by DAL and DFW. Since DAL is still restricted from certain nonstop flights, I have decided against separating the two airports in the Metroplex. If I remember, I will post this poll again after the Wright Amendment restrictions are totally gone (except they won't have any International flights) in 2014 and see how much the results change.

hiss srq
2010-01-06, 12:06 PM
CLT gets my vote. I used to use it all the time when I was with USAirways. Now I will be down there all the time because my family is building a house in Denver, NC. :borat:

T-Bird76
2010-01-06, 01:28 PM
In 09 it was ORD. However you left off IAH, EWR, MIA, LAX, JFK, PHX, PHL, STL, SFO, and SEA.

cancidas
2010-01-06, 02:18 PM
PHX

Alex T
2010-01-06, 09:19 PM
Until AA shuts the STL hub in April, being a STL Local flyer, my "hub" I frequent is STL in fact.

2nd is MDW for Southwest Airlines.

3rd is DAL also for SWA.

None of my top 3 are on your list so I won't vote, however you separated MDW/ORD but why not DAL/DFW?

Alex

coachrowsey
2010-01-06, 09:54 PM
CLT gets my vote. I used to use it all the time when I was with USAirways. Now I will be down there all the time because my family is building a house in Denver, NC. :borat:

Give me a heads up when you're around. I work 2nd shift.

JetBlueAirwaysFan
2010-01-07, 03:38 PM
In 09 it was ORD. However you left off IAH, EWR, MIA, LAX, JFK, PHX, PHL, STL, SFO, and SEA.

In the original post, I indicated that I left New York off the poll as this is a New York City Based Forum, so 9 times out of 10, New York is an origin city/final destination for the people on here, hence not listing JFK and EWR.

I know I left off those, the poll only lets me have up to 10 choices. I had an "Other" option if I omitted your hub.

Would like to add on to my vote and say even though I use ATL the most, I would like to try using US a bit more often and go through CLT. CLT is not as big and not as big of a mess if something goes wrong during the day.

LGA777
2010-01-07, 06:37 PM

Would like to add on to my vote and say even though I use ATL the most, I would like to try using US a bit more often and go through CLT. CLT is not as big and not as big of a mess if something goes wrong during the day.

CLT will be getting even easier with 36L-18R right opening giving them 3 parallel runways plus 5-23.

CLT gets my vote also, it's a GREAT hub !

Regards

LGA777

ISP Pilot
2010-01-15, 10:21 PM
dAAlas DFW first with ChicAAgo ORD a close second. 8)

Hussman75
2010-01-16, 11:55 AM
I can't really call STL a hub any longer, but since most trips in the last 18 months have taken me back to the east coast, I'll throw in a vote for my standard destination: PHL... (10 years ago, living in northeast NJ, EWR would have gotten my vote as I flew CO nearly everywhere...)

JetBlueAirwaysFan
2010-01-17, 01:39 AM
Until AA shuts the STL hub in April, being a STL Local flyer, my "hub" I frequent is STL in fact.

2nd is MDW for Southwest Airlines.

3rd is DAL also for SWA.

None of my top 3 are on your list so I won't vote, however you separated MDW/ORD but why not DAL/DFW?

Alex

I didn't separate DAL/DFW since the Wright Restrictions are still blocking DAL's full potential. Had I had posted the poll on a date after the nonstop restrictions were lifted, I would have separated DAL and DFW. Right now, it isn't as much of a transfer point...yet. I think WN will take as much advantage of the absence of the Write Amendment rather quickly. I know they are gone in 2014, but exactly what day?

jerslice
2010-01-17, 04:27 PM
I don't connect much anymore, but when I used to all the time, O'Hare was the winner. I know those terminals almost better than I know BOS.

kc2aqg
2010-01-18, 02:29 PM
ATL - also a very easy place for connections and O&D.

JetBlueAirwaysFan
2010-01-18, 06:27 PM
ATL - also a very easy place for connections and O&D.

Did you really just say that?! O&D maybe, but connections can be a nightmare.

kc2aqg
2010-01-18, 06:58 PM
Connections are easy if you have even half a brain on your shoulders. All you have to do is read from the big screens in every concourse which letter and number to go to - how is that a nightmare? I've made dozens of connections spanning across every concourse in ATL and never once had a problem, even with the tighter 40 minute connections.

wunaladreamin
2010-01-18, 07:49 PM
JBAFan, please remember that Andy is a dwarf and therefore can better navigate the concourses by weaving in and out of people's legs. :lol: :lol: :lol:

kc2aqg
2010-01-18, 10:25 PM
LOL Kenny FTW!

http://tech2.in.com/media/images/2009/Mar/img_128012_ftw.jpg

JetBlueAirwaysFan
2010-01-19, 03:08 PM
Connections are easy if you have even half a brain on your shoulders. All you have to do is read from the big screens in every concourse which letter and number to go to - how is that a nightmare? I've made dozens of connections spanning across every concourse in ATL and never once had a problem, even with the tighter 40 minute connections.

I know that. I've made hundreds of connections in ATL. Easy navigation, but when ATL has the ground stop, you better hope and pray you make your connection.

kc2aqg
2010-01-19, 04:56 PM
I know that. I've made hundreds of connections in ATL. Easy navigation, but when ATL has the ground stop, you better hope and pray you make your connection.

This could happen at any hub, not just ATL. Try a groundstop at JFK some day, way worse...

njgtr82
2010-01-19, 09:25 PM

This could happen at any hub, not just ATL. Try a groundstop at JFK some day, way worse...

I think EWR gets the icing on the cake there!

JetBlueAirwaysFan
2010-01-25, 07:24 PM

I've done LGA, I'm good.