PDA

View Full Version : What is Your LFC of Choice?

JetBlueAirwaysFan
2010-01-05, 06:56 PM
DISCLAIMER: Frontier is listed independently as is Midwest. Though Midwest no longer operates its own flights independently, as they are either operated by Frontier or as Midwest Connect by Republic, etc, I have decided to include Midwest as an independent carrier and I consider them to be an LCC as they do not fall under the "Legacy" category. Virgin America is listed here as well, even though they are rather on the premium side. Spirit is listed here as an LCC even though they are technically classified as a ULCC.

sporky
2010-01-05, 06:58 PM
Virgin America

JetBlueAirwaysFan
2010-01-05, 07:05 PM
Sporky, I corrected the poll to include Virgin America, I forgot to add it even though they were in my little disclaimer thingy. Go ahead and recast your vote.

NYARTCCFAN
2010-01-05, 10:03 PM
Jet Bluuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cancidas
2010-01-05, 10:08 PM
of the few trips i've taken on SWA and FFT, FFT was the best. never flown JBU though, would like to soon.

T-Bird76
2010-01-05, 10:33 PM
Southwest is still my first choice when it comes to these kind of airlines.

PhilDernerJr
2010-01-06, 07:01 AM
WN gets my business because of flight benefits and options from my area with easy connections to places I like to go.

SmAlbany
2010-01-06, 11:03 AM
Even though WN is the #1 carrier at ALB, I didn't pick them. I really dislike the boarding cue and prefer to have assigned seats (the over the wing bridges at ALB are cool though ... )

I flew jetblue only once out of SYR and really enjoyed their product. That got them my vote.

coachrowsey
2010-01-06, 11:59 AM
I haven't flown on the others, but it's beyond me how they could out do Jet Blue for the routes they fly.

hiss srq
2010-01-06, 12:03 PM
I enjoy jetBlue. They have the best all around domestic product in my opinion. Plus........... There is some eye candy left in their cabin jumpseats unlike many other airlines. To me that's part of the equation. :borat:

Alex T
2010-01-06, 09:21 PM
WN gets my business because of flight benefits and options from my area with easy connections to places I like to go.

Phil--send me a shout on PM if you ever need WN loads for non revving! More than happy to let ya know in advance!

Alex

Mateo
2010-01-06, 10:31 PM
I've got to go with AirTran; absolutely the nicest people I've ever met anywhere in the aviation industry. (And the only one of the group that applies meaningful price pressure out of DCA!)

AnBok
2010-01-07, 12:03 AM
JetBlue is awesome. Had a lot of fun flying VA as well though

JetBlueAirwaysFan
2010-01-07, 11:43 AM
I'm glad you are all voting. I will admit, I was slightly surprised to see jetBlue favored over SWA, but then again, if any airline was to beat SWA in the voting, jetBlue would be expected. Not to mention JetBlue has like one hundred times the presence in New York City over WN as well.

coachrowsey
2010-01-07, 12:50 PM
Forgot, I have flown Airtran & loved them also but JetBlue still takes #1.

jetblue187
2010-01-07, 02:05 PM
JetBlue all the way...Long Live JetBlue!

Alex T
2010-01-07, 02:16 PM
There are just so many things unfactored with this poll..

Sorry Virgin is not a LCC in anyway shape or form. I know you state that in your opening so why did you include it anyway?

The true LCC would be FL, WN, B6 and F9. That is it.

Also, of course B6 will be number 1, this is a NEW YORK CITY based website, I am quite honestly surprised SWA even got any votes, maybe them starting LGA helped a bit!

Otherwise, B6 needs to come to STL so I can try them out, but for now SWA is my number 1 LCC.

Alex

Matt Molnar
2010-01-07, 03:23 PM
Why isn't Virgin an LCC?

JetBlueAirwaysFan
2010-01-07, 03:33 PM
I disagree Alex, but I agree with Matt. I listed Virgin America because they are not a legacy carrier. They do share quite a few characteristics with AirTran, JetBlue, and Southwest such as a simplified fleet (which indicates an effort to keep their mx costs low), and low fares. I'll go the extra mile and say that they have a similar IFE product as JetBlue. They don't share nearly anything with the legacies except the nickel and diming, but then again so does AirTran. VX is much more an LCC than a legacy. They also do not fit the "Regional Airline" Category as well as they are not confined to a specific region of the country. LCC it is.

Alex T
2010-01-07, 03:55 PM
Virgin America is backed by investors, like every other airline.

However, VX puts money into revenue opportunities, and spend money in doing so. This is not a Low Cost factor, Virgin is certainly a LOW FARE airline and in fact probably one of the lowest indeed.

I do understand the spend money to make money, as for simplified, no FL, B6 are not simplified, they lost that once they got a 2nd aircraft.

F9 and WN are the only simplified, by flying A320 family or 737 family.

Virgin America is not legacy nor are they LCC either, nor are they even a major carrier, as they have not earned 1 Billion in revenue yet.

From articles I have read on their operations nothing sounds "low cost" about it, but they certainly do what they can to keep fares low, ie "low fare".

A bettert category for this poll would have been which is your favorite LFC (low fare carrier).

Just my opinion.

Alex

JetBlueAirwaysFan
2010-01-07, 09:48 PM
B6 and FL are still relatively simplified when it comes to their fleet. Operating two a/c types compared to more than ten as the legacies do is simple to me.