PDA

View Full Version : Greetings

NLovis
2009-12-17, 09:00 PM
Hello fellow spotters. My name is Nick and i've been around planes for almsot 10 years now. Recently I have gotten a digital camera and have finally resumed capturing planes after about a 5 year lapse. But unlike msot of you I don't spot planes outside the airport. I actually spot them inside the AOA. I currently work at T7 at JFK for the main reason of being around the planes and spotting them as they land on runway 13L-31R which sadly will be closed down at the beninning of 2010 for construction. I have been trying to share my photo's on Jetphoto's.net but sadly my computer wont upload them so i've been a lurker. Recently my comp got a virus and i had to swap over to my laptop which in doing so I was able to upload. I was able to recover all of my photo's before having to reimage my hd and now its time to try again. While lurking on Jetphoto's I have been noticing groups of spotters and have seen your name several times and notices you are in NY so I dicided to join and hope to one day join you in a future spotting. My camera is nothing compared to what you guys and girls use but for what I do its a really good camera. hope to see you out on the spotting range. :borat:

lijk604
2009-12-17, 10:30 PM
Hey Nick, welcome to the site. T7...British terminal right? I worked there back in the 90's for UA. To this day, I wish I had a decent camera back then.

NLovis
2009-12-18, 01:13 AM
United is still at T7. I work on the british side of T7 though. As far as decent camera goes for hiding it and shooting on the AOA the one I have is almost perfect. its small and doesnt interfere with work. I'm trying to get my photo's onto jetphoto but they keep rejecting them. It is really hard to get the shots I get while being in the AOA.

moose135
2009-12-18, 01:24 AM
Welcome aboard, Nick! Looking forward to seeing some of your shots.

I'm trying to get my photo's onto jetphoto but they keep rejecting them.
Post a few shots in the Photography forum, and let's take a look. You should get some good advice from the folks here.

PhilDernerJr
2009-12-18, 10:40 AM
Welcome aboard Nick!!

NLovis
2009-12-21, 12:01 PM
thanks. cant wait to get started. oh wait i have lol.