PDA

View Full Version : White Restriction?

Planesntrains
2009-11-30, 12:51 PM
Hey strangers!

Dropped my Mom off for a work trip, flying out EWR-STL this morning on BTA2345, then headed over to Ikea to catch them on take off. While listening to the radio, I kept hearing EWR Ground informing flights of a delay due to a white restriction.

What is it exactly?

njgtr82
2009-11-30, 01:26 PM
White is one of the south bound departure fixes, with Dixie being the other. They both use the COL VOR. Alot of the time when there is alot of volume over a fix or their is a weather issue any of the centers will put restrictions in place to help give more space. When there is restriction on the south gates its usually from either Washington or Jax center. Cleveland and Boston centers will also put restrictions on us which are usually 5-7 minutes in between aircraft over the same fix.

PhilDernerJr
2009-11-30, 02:02 PM
That would explain why TEB would also have had the same delay, as reported here: http://www.flightstats.com/go/Airport/f ... ortField=1 (http://www.flightstats.com/go/Airport/flightsAffectedByDelay.do?queryType=airportdelays&airportHistoryId=4139462&atcsccAirportQueryDate=2008-02-14&atcsccId=41331&atcsccAirportCode=TEB&atcsccAirportDelayType=D&sortField=1)

Planesntrains
2009-11-30, 04:13 PM
So basically it's when there's crowded skies, and one of the ATC Centers demands a longer sequence of time between flights Southbound out of EWR? Requiring more spacing in other words?

USAF Pilot 07
2009-11-30, 07:23 PM
White is one of the south bound departure fixes, with Dixie being the other.

WHITE and DIXIE are also waypoints on several of our (McGuire AFB) SIDs off of the CYN and RBV VORTACs.. We are held pretty low though around this area because of all the NY/PHL inbound/outbound traffic...

darlyn
2009-12-12, 10:01 PM
We've been getting some wicked winds in the last few weeks around KEWR. The rumbling and creaking my house created sounded like a turbofan on idle at 30kft.