PDA

View Full Version : Im looking for Detailed arrivals schedule JFK and LGA

chrisparypa
2009-11-27, 02:31 PM
Hello ! Last time during a JFK spotting I met two fellows photographers, They have been very helpful... I saw they have detailed schedule of arrivals, on the schedule was time, airline, airplane model ... I forgot to ask them where can I find schedule like that ?? Im should be back in couple weeks so Im starting to plane my spotting days :) anyone can tell me where can I find such a detailed schedule ?? printable ?? I understand that time of arrival is changing thats why we have scanners right :)

threeholerglory
2009-11-27, 02:34 PM
www.flightaware.com (http://www.flightaware.com) is great for printing schedules but also relatively recently added a mobile version so you can get live up to the minute statuses on any scheduled flight.

Hiflyer
2009-11-27, 06:10 PM
G'day mate,

Down here in 'OZ' our airports have webpages with the daily schedules in PDF formats, then just print em out, if your chasing a particular aircraft or type try checking the relevant airline's website sometimes the information you're looking for is there! Things may differ in the USA due to security concerns etc...

Cheers from 'land down under' Hiflyer

chrisparypa
2009-11-28, 01:06 PM
www.flightaware.com (http://www.flightaware.com) looks good... thx for advice....

Any other websites with detailed schedule ?? just asking to gain some knowledge :) www.flightaware.com (http://www.flightaware.com) is what I was looking for....

Tom_Turner
2009-11-29, 07:59 PM
Hi Chris - More than likely you saw someone with a printout from Flytecomm.com -

It was by far the easier/easiest one to use, but they've recently changed formats and no longer offer the information they used to, without more searching and noise (from a spotters pov) thrown in. At times now it is impossible to gather the information needed because you'd need to use "city pairs" to search.

Flightaware is the best bet for now.

Tom

chrisparypa
2009-11-30, 11:25 PM
Hi Tom... Yes I already check and flightaware.com has all I need :) can't wait... In couple weeks Im going back home - Brooklyn, NY - now all I need is good weather.... Hope someone will join to the action :P

DennyB
2009-12-01, 06:27 PM
Why Flytecomm.com had to do what they have done beats me. There are better sites to track flights from departure to destination. Also, all those code share flight numbers making it a huge enterprise to cut and paste into, for example, Word.

I'm hoping they are still working it out. I haven't been able to get 'Classic View' to work but I'm hoping that will give the old information in the old format.

Progress is not something that should happen just because it can.

DennyB
2009-12-28, 10:45 PM
It seems that Flytecomm.com is now working like it used to ie., supplying a list of the days arrivals to, or departures from, any given airport.

Tom_Turner
2009-12-29, 08:05 PM
It seems that Flytecomm.com is now working like it used to ie., supplying a list of the days arrivals to, or departures from, any given airport.

Yes, it is, and it is by far easier to use for spotting than Flightaware for a number of reasons.

Tom