PDA

View Full Version : Rockin Roger Daltrey

Gerard
2009-11-21, 12:00 PM
For a 65 year old geezer the frontman of the iconic rock band The Who can still kick out the jams. Yeah his voice isnt
as great as it used to be but with a smokin band led by Simon Townshend (Petes brother) they totally rocked out the Nokia
Theater in NYC last night. Looking pretty fit Roger was singer, musician and storyteller.Before every song he would
tell us stories about that song, the Who and life in general. He also bantered with the overflow crowd if you can call
screaming at them to "STFU" (but with a smile) :lol: bantering.
What a great set of songs opening with "Who Are You" and including "Behind Blue Eyes", "Naked Eye" "Baba O'Riley" "Going
Mobile", "Pictures of Lilly" "Cant Explain" and a great medley of "I'm A Man/My Generation/I Can See For Miles". Roger also
played some solo stuff, a Johnny Cash medley and a great rockin "Born On The Bayou".
Thanks Roger for a GREAT EVENING of classic rock.

And on an aviation note :)
It was such a nice evening I decided to come into the city a little earlier before I met my buddy and his wife. So getting out of
Penn Station I grabbed a Subway sandwich and a few adult beverages and headed over to the West 30st Heliport. As I walked
down I saw a TransCare ambulance parked by the main terminal. Mmmm I thought as I headed over to the park area south of the
heliport. Also saw that they have heavy duty padding blocking any views of the heliport on the 12 Ave side. I guess used for both
protecting pedestrians walking by and keep out prying eyes (like me). Dined out while admiring the beautiful clear evening when I see
a copter coming in on slow final from the North. It was Stat Flight Air 2 (N118NY)looking pretty nice in its new colors (well new for me).
After a long shutdown they slowly removed the patient and the med crew went to the hospital with the patient and I headed uptown
for a great night of music.

Gerard
2009-11-21, 12:22 PM
http://www.thewho.com/index.php?module=roger