PDA

View Full Version : NY Sports Problem

Gerard
2009-10-24, 09:01 PM
So the heavy weather we have been having here in the NE caused MLB to postpone tonites ALCS Game 6 at The Stadium. It will
be played tomorrow night at 8:20. Weather looks great. At the same time the NY Giants will be playing the Arizona Cardinals at
Giant stadium across the Hudson.
I wonder how many people have the problem of what game they should go to? Traditionally Giant fans are Yankee fans so I would
have to believe more than a few.
Do you think MLB even THOUGHT ABOUT making it a late (4PM) afternoon game to accomodate fans not only going or watching at home? Probably not. Jets are playing in Oakland at 4PM also.
Watching at home wont be a problem with me as one of my TVs has picture in picture. The only problem I can think of is trying to
stay awake. Giants should be over by 11:30 but the Yankee game could go on all night as we have seen recently.

Matt Molnar
2009-10-24, 09:50 PM
I would think most people who have tix for both would go to the Yankees game just because it's way more important than the Giants game at this point in the football season, and with the possibility of the Yanks clinching the pennant.

I don't understand why they started the first round games at 6:20, but the Sunday night game when people have work on Monday is at 8:20? That's ridiculous.

USAF Pilot 07
2009-10-24, 11:12 PM
It's all about ratings... While people in NYC and LA will watch the game regardless of what time it's on, most other people in the US will be out and about during the day, but will be home at 8PM... Therefore, ratings/viewership is going to be higher with a game at 8PM, meaning sponsors will pay more for ads, meaning more money...

moose135
2009-10-25, 10:37 AM
Let's see...NASCAR at 1pm (OK, taping at 1pm), Jets at 4pm, Giants at 8pm, no problem. Yankees? Yankees who? :wink:

LGA777
2009-10-25, 05:15 PM
Not so much about ratings for Sunday nites game as network scheduling. Fox already had two NFL games on Sunday back to back between 1300-1930. Fox can not air their normal Sunday nite Animation Domination line up Sunday nite but they cannot and will not not show prescheduled NFL games because of the ALCS.

Looks like the first two World Series games this Wed and Thursday will start at 7:30pm.

Cheers

LGA777

lijk604
2009-10-27, 03:26 PM
From what I heard today on the radio Sunday night's rating

Yankee game: 26 share

Giants game: 9 share.