PDA

View Full Version : Transcarga A300 at KJFK (pic)

Mayi757
2009-10-22, 05:02 AM
Found out it flew JFK-SJU yesterday for Centurion Air Cargo. The plane is owned by Sky Lease 1, the company that took over Tradewinds, for which the aircraft was flying until recently.

Here is a sneak shot @ MIA the other day before entering service. While the "paintscheme" couldn't possibly be any more plain, nowadays I'm just thrilled to get any plane that's NOT the typical white/dark blue puke ala JetBlue or the new TAME. Although I wish it was painted like the more colorful smaller props Transcarga uses down in Venezuela.

http://www.skyliner-aviation.de/photos/N501TR.jpg

SengaB
2009-10-22, 06:05 AM
Oh NOW they paint it up SHEEESH!
Its been coming into JFK for several weeks. I went out for it 2 times and it was a titless white A300 so I gave up.Are both sides painted up?

Now watch it not come in again.

Senga

bluejuice
2009-10-22, 06:17 AM
I saw this come in yesterday,now I know all about it. Yes it is fully painted. Even if it means just a couple of decals.

SengaB
2009-10-22, 06:25 AM
Well hopefully it will comes back. Personally I like these white planes with minimal marking more than the new liveries we get now. Its always great to get a new A300 added to the collection. I was at EWR yesterday shooting the National DC-8 and that one will be harder to get.
This is frustrating because I went out two times before and I didn't get CRAP didn't even bother to shoot the plane either...and now all of a sudden it has markings.

Seems like EWR and JFK has had a busy several days now with lots of non regulars.
EWR
APW DC10
Kalitta Charters II B722
Contract Air Cargo B721 and Convair 580
MUA DC86

JFK
APW B752 DC10
Transcarga A300
CRG MD11*

Senga

Mayi757
2009-10-22, 01:31 PM
What airline was it flying for when you guys saw it? Doesn't seem it's for Transcarga yet.

I would've thought this would do MIA-Venezuela exclusively. I had to wait until they parked it away from all the clutter, it was impossible to shoot outside the maintenance area for a full day and a half. The Venezuelan flag and titles are a good touch but 10 years ago I would not have bothered to chase a whitish plane. Now A300B4s are very rare in the US, it's the only A300 at Miami now other than the occasional DHL one.

I agree with Senga, I rather see a white plane with stickers than these wavy schemes that always seem to have blue in it. If there weren't so many similar ones, I'd say the new National/Murray air paint is pretty cool. But it had to be blue and gray with those TACKY painted engine cowlings, Miss the days of bare-metal engines.

what's a "CRG MD11" ?

SengaB
2009-10-23, 09:13 AM
Mario,
It was Tradewinds when I saw it. Its the same 2 flight numbers that are used now but reversed.
CRG is Cargoitalia they fly the MD-11 now.
Senga

Delta777LR
2009-10-24, 11:07 AM
does anyone know when Cargoitalia flies to JFK?