PDA

View Full Version : "Move Over Sully..."

PhilDernerJr
2009-10-16, 12:22 AM
:arrow: Move Over Sully... (http://nycaviation.com/2009/10/16/move-over-sully/)

An article about the world's first successful water landing of an airliner.

dimamo1983
2009-10-17, 09:09 PM
I don't get the Move Over part... Sully still did an awesome job, especially compared to the Pan Am water landing described in the article - they did not have time to circle around and dump fuel for hours with a couple engines still going strong. Not sure about the other water landings mentioned in the article, but just from that example, Sully should be staying where he's at :)

LGA777
2009-10-18, 12:15 AM
Thank You dimamo1983, I agree, and while I have not read Sully's new book yet I understand he praises Captain Ogg along with a few other notalbe airman in a whole chapter I understand.

Cheers

LGA777

Matt Molnar
2009-10-18, 02:50 AM
I've been looking around for an hour and can't find an answer...anyone know if the OGG (Kahului, Hawaii) airport code is in honor of Captain Ogg?

PhilDernerJr
2009-10-18, 08:47 AM
I don't get the Move Over part... Sully still did an awesome job, especially compared to the Pan Am water landing described in the article - they did not have time to circle around and dump fuel for hours with a couple engines still going strong. Not sure about the other water landings mentioned in the article, but just from that example, Sully should be staying where he's at :)

It's nothing to be taken too seriously. Just some tongue-in-cheek to reference a similar incident. Sully did an amazing job of course and is one of few heroes of our time.

wunaladreamin
2009-10-18, 09:24 AM
That picture cracks me the **** up man. :lol: :lol: :lol: