PDA

View Full Version : NYC I.D

upsmd11f
2009-10-12, 03:47 PM
Hi Guys & Gals
I'm considering travelling to NYC for a few days spotting in may,i have read the spotting guide and noticed that an I.D is required.Hows do I go about obtaining 1? I am travelling from Poland and want to make sure I get the most out of the weekend and not into any trouble with the authorities.
Many thanks

Matt Molnar
2009-10-12, 03:53 PM
Hi Guys & Gals
I'm considering travelling to NYC for a few days spotting in may,i have read the spotting guide and noticed that an I.D is required.Hows do I go about obtaining 1? I am travelling from Poland and want to make sure I get the most out of the weekend and not into any trouble with the authorities.
Many thanks
Welcome to NYCA, and congrats on being our 1000th registered forum user! :)

There is no special airport or plane spotting ID available. We just suggest carrying some sort of official identification, such as a driver's license or a passport.

moose135
2009-10-12, 04:12 PM
Welcome to NYCA! There is no ID required for spotting - when the spotting guides refer to ID, they mean a standard form of identification, typically for locals that's usually a driver's license. Police will often ask for some form of identification if they stop to question you. In your case, I suspect that as long as you have your passport, you will be fine.

upsmd11f
2009-10-12, 04:41 PM
Thanks guys.I really am in 2 minds whether to do the New York trip or Dubai which is better for me financially,however i heard that Spotting in DXB is banned and i really can do without getting locked up.I put a few emails out there and if i dont get the answers i want then NYC it is.Maybe if i make it across the pond some of you guys can help me out in return for a beer or 2. :D

Steve

moose135
2009-10-12, 05:14 PM
We'll always help someone in exchange for a couple of beers :D

PhilDernerJr
2009-10-12, 09:04 PM
DID SOMEONE SAY BEER? :)

Welcome to the site, Steve, and again, you're our 1000th member!

Sounds like your questions were attended to, so I hope you're pleased with the info. We love helping out of town spotters, so just let us know the details of when you're coming, and I look forward to meeting you.

upsmd11f
2009-10-13, 03:18 AM
Same here guys,Thanks for all the help.I'll be looking to come over around early May,weather should be nice then,right? I'm always happy to buy a few brew's if someone helps me out.

Take it easy

upsmd11f
2009-10-13, 05:45 PM
I decided NYC it is,hopefully see some of you then,to show me the sights :borat:
is may the right choice,weather wise???

PhilDernerJr
2009-10-13, 06:03 PM
April showers bring May flowers. You should be ok. IT is nice and cool and is a good time of year.

upsmd11f
2009-10-14, 04:08 AM
excellent,booking today,I cant wait to get over

upsmd11f
2009-11-04, 01:45 PM
Can anyone work out where this was taken?
http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=6702324

Also which is the best hotel in around EWR & JFK? Is LGA worth a visit on a monday morning. sorry for all the questions

moose135
2009-11-04, 02:22 PM
That was on the ramp - Tommy has "friends"...

Gerard
2009-11-04, 07:36 PM
>[however i heard that Spotting in DXB is banned and i really can do without getting locked up.<

Yeah i dont think getting locked up in Dubai would be a lot of laughs. Probably make Rikers (NYC jail)
seem like a country club. :)

upsmd11f
2009-11-05, 01:41 PM
>[however i heard that Spotting in DXB is banned and i really can do without getting locked up.<

Yeah i dont think getting locked up in Dubai would be a lot of laughs
I was talking to a guy who's friend got arrested,they didnt confiscate his camera or fine him but he had to sign a document in Arabic which he had no idea what it was. But there was no way i was risking it so i hope to see a few of you guys in May. :D

upsmd11f
2010-03-01, 08:14 AM
Hi Again Guys
Well the trip is all booked and sorted. I'll be arriving at EWR on 6/may.I plan to go to EWR on the friday I believe theres a viewing area alongside 04/22?
Saturday is my City day. Then on Sunday I'll be at JFK,Monday I plan to spend a few morning Hours at LGA before going to JFK for the afternoon(I fly home monday night) This is where i will need your expert help with these 2 guys.
(The offer of a Few Brews is still on)
It would be great to meet up with you all,this is my 1st stay in the U.S and really looking forward to it.
Also are the following visible on any of the day i mentioned:-
Fedex preferably MD-11
Cargolux 747f

I saw these on the Europe Radar but i worked out that they would be night time arrivals.

Thanks again and see you in a few months

Steve1639290
http://cloudriders.photos.cn.com/