PDA

View Full Version : Newark Mayor Bans Conan O'Brien from Newark Airport

Matt Molnar
2009-10-01, 12:00 AM
VIDEO: Mayor Cory Booker Bans Conan O’Brien from Newark Airport (http://nycaviation.com/2009/09/30/mayor-cory-booker-bans-conan-obrien-from-newark-airport/)
Newark Mayor Cory Booker has issued a warning to Conan O'Brien after the Tonight Show host made a joke at the expense of New Jersey's so-called "Brick City."

flyboy 28
2009-10-01, 12:42 AM
Comics have been slamming Newark and the entire state for decades. Booker needs to learn how to take a joke and relax.

Maybe I've just become desensitized from living here my whole life. :)

diegodangers
2009-10-01, 04:14 AM
thats a pretty funny video. but, can he do that?

moose135
2009-10-01, 08:01 AM
Comics have been slamming Newark and the entire state for decades. Booker needs to learn how to take a joke and relax.

Maybe I've just become desensitized from living here my whole life. :)
I think you need to learn how to take a joke...

NIKV69
2009-10-01, 10:23 AM
There comes a time when these comics like O'Brien and Letterman need to understand that a joke is a joke but after a while people will react like this. It is all in good humor but the people of Newark have done a lot to try to turn that town around and like anyone else are pretty proud of their efforts and town. Though a joke is a joke people will react differently and this is a perfect example.

T-Bird76
2009-10-01, 10:43 AM
There comes a time when these comics like O'Brien and Letterman need to understand that a joke is a joke but after a while people will react like this. It is all in good humor but the people of Newark have done a lot to try to turn that town around and like anyone else are pretty proud of their efforts and town. Though a joke is a joke people will react differently and this is a perfect example.

The city is still a POS with a corrupte Gov't. I thought the joke was funny as hell. If I was Conan I'd book a flight tomorrow to EWR just to piss off the Mayor.

JetBlueAirwaysFan
2009-10-01, 10:47 AM
The city is still a POS with a corrupte Gov't. I thought the joke was funny as hell. If I was Conan I'd book a flight tomorrow to EWR just to piss off the Mayor.

I second that.

Tom_Turner
2009-10-01, 11:31 AM
I think its just a joke by the Mayor to take advantage of the publicity and get his message out.

Tom

moose135
2009-10-01, 11:45 AM
I think its just a joke by the Mayor to take advantage of the publicity and get his message out.
I think most people are missing that, Tom. Obviously, he can't really put O'Brien on a "Newark No-Fly List", he's just having a little fun, poking back at Conan.

PhilDernerJr
2009-10-01, 12:03 PM
Apparently people are replying without either watching the video, or realizing the the Mayor is creating some humor as well (although also plugging progress that he feels is taking place in Newark).

I thought both were pretty funny.

njgtr82
2009-10-01, 07:59 PM
Well half of the airport is in Newark the other half Eliazabeth