PDA

View Full Version : Google Chrome

cancidas
2009-08-25, 02:15 AM
anyone else use this browser yet? i never like Firefox and had been using Avant for some time now but Google Chrome kicks both their butts! it's super fast, at least 10x faster than Avant and has a Microsoft-Word-style spell check built into the browser. it's awesome!

check it out here: http://www.google.com/chrome

PhilDernerJr
2009-08-25, 09:03 AM
I've been tempted to check it out. I'd like to hear what a few more have to say.

Matt Molnar
2009-08-25, 11:03 AM
has a Microsoft-Word-style spell check built into the browser.
Firefox has had that for almost 3 years. :)

I've used Chrome a little and liked it. 95% of my computer time these days is on Mac, however, and they have yet to release a Mac version.

coachrowsey
2009-08-25, 11:35 AM
I've been tempted to check it out. I'd like to hear what a few more have to say.
Phil by all means get it & use it. I found out about Crome from my oldest son so I started using it. it's fast & quite frankly I love it. I use it along with Firefox,

AirtrafficController
2009-08-25, 04:21 PM
I'm very satisfied with Google Chrome with its speed and performance. It's a great web browser.

mirrodie
2009-08-25, 04:41 PM
Its nice, used it for 3 months now.

When it crashes, it goes down hard. However, one feature I like is that it asks you if you want all the windows that you had opened back up. Smart in that regard.

As Matt implied, I would not mind having it on Mac.

PhilDernerJr
2009-08-25, 05:10 PM
When it crashes, it goes down hard. However, one feature I like is that it asks you if you want all the windows that you had opened back up. Smart in that regard.

Firefox and IE offer the same now.

Fighting_falcon_51
2009-08-25, 09:44 PM
Ive had it when it first came out around a year ago. Its a good broswer and the fastest but I use Safari as my main broswer if you want to try it out its worth a shot.

h2opunk1822
2009-08-25, 10:25 PM
ive been using it for about 4-5 months now and i absolutely love it, esp the home page where you have your 9 most viewed sites right as soon as you open it, i honestly havent thought 2ce about firefox since i switched to crome.

coachrowsey
2009-08-25, 11:39 PM
ive been using it for about 4-5 months now and i absolutely love it, esp the home page where you have your 9 most viewed sites right as soon as you open it,

I'm 100% with you on that one :borat: