PDA

View Full Version : Momar Kadafi will live in NJ for UN week.

NIKV69
2009-08-24, 06:07 PM
Just saw on CBS2 that Kadafi will live on the property of a huge house his government has owned for some time in Englewood, NJ. He will have a huge air conditioned tent on the lawn. He usually sets up the tent on UN property but it's under construction and he also asked to use Central Park (LOL). It goes without saying people in Englewood are not too happy.

T-Bird76
2009-08-24, 06:59 PM
WTF is the tent for?

NIKV69
2009-08-24, 07:31 PM
If I heard correctly for some reason he prefers to live and or spend the majority of this time there instead of indoors. Not sure the specifics but the local government is livid about him being in their town. This may get ugly.

cancidas
2009-08-24, 07:34 PM
If I heard correctly for some reason he prefers to live and or spend the majority of this time there instead of indoors. Not sure the specifics but the local government is livid about him being in their town. This may get ugly.
if his country ownsthe house and it's legal then i don't see why can't stay there...

NIKV69
2009-08-24, 07:44 PM
if his country ownsthe house and it's legal then i don't see why can't stay there...

Legally there is none but many consider this guy a terrorist and don't want him here.

cancidas
2009-08-24, 07:47 PM
Legally there is none but many consider this guy a terrorist and don't want him here.
well that's a different story...

Gerard
2009-08-24, 08:00 PM
Its Jersey...who cares. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Derf
2009-08-24, 10:59 PM
I should send him my F-14 lightning picture!!! I hope things get out of hand and someone pops a cap in his
A$$..... Actually, now that he is an old fart he is quiet, a cap would probably be the worst thingthat can
happen.... but we can dream right?

T-Bird76
2009-08-24, 11:13 PM
Its Jersey...who cares. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Good point...his presence can only enhance the image of Jersey..and he's probably more honest then the NJ state Gov't anyhow. LOLOL

Matt Molnar
2009-08-24, 11:22 PM
It wasn't too long ago that Kadaffi rejected all his nefarious activities and Bush welcomed him back to the civilized world. I guess that ended when he started hugging the Lockerbie jerkoff. And why not? He doesn't have much to be afraid of anymore.

Idlewild
2009-08-26, 08:13 PM
It wasn't too long ago that Kadaffi rejected all his nefarious activities and Bush welcomed him back to the civilized world. I guess that ended when he started hugging the Lockerbie jerkoff. And why not? He doesn't have much to be afraid of anymore.

It shouldn't have begun. In between the Berlin bombing, Lockerbie and other nonsense he pulled, Reagan had the right idea when he called him a 'mad dog'.

Iberia A340-600
2009-08-26, 08:51 PM

That's correct. On almost all foreign visits he stays in the tent.

NIKV69
2009-08-26, 09:16 PM
Heard another news story that the residents of Englewood are not going to sit by quietly and let him live there. I bet the local PD is not looking forward to that week.

NIKV69
2009-08-28, 01:12 PM
Little bump. This is getting interesting.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090828/ap_ ... ot_welcome (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090828/ap_on_re_us/us_gadhafi_not_welcome)

Matt Molnar
2009-08-28, 01:34 PM
Interesting. I wonder if diplomatic immunity applies to things like building codes?

george
2009-08-28, 01:49 PM
Interesting. I wonder if diplomatic immunity applies to things like building codes?

It wouldn't surprise me if it did..

Matt Molnar
2009-08-28, 09:41 PM
UPDATE:
Amid pressure from New Jersey political leaders, the Libyan government has canceled plans for its nation’s president, Col. Muammar el-Qaddafi, to stay in New Jersey during his visit to the United States next month.

They say he will stay in New York, not sure if that means a hotel or maybe he'll build his tent under the Queensborough Bridge or something.

moose135
2009-08-28, 09:56 PM
They say he will stay in New York, not sure if that means a hotel or maybe he'll build his tent under the Queensborough Bridge or something.
So does that mean he'll probably fly into JFK rather than EWR?

NIKV69
2009-08-29, 05:59 AM

Oh joy, sure how about the Waldorf.

Not a surprise but things worked better when he stayed on the UN property.