PDA

View Full Version : Plane Crash At Teterboro Early Morning

Gerard
2009-08-21, 10:44 AM
http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/200 ... rport.html (http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/2009/08/21/2009-08-21_small_plane_crashes_explodes_in_flames_on_appro ach_to_teterboro_airport.html)

Gerard
2009-08-21, 11:16 AM
You know what is scarier than the crash? Read the clueless comments from the clueless people at the end of the
article!!
Wow!! :( :?

emshighway
2009-08-21, 05:09 PM
As per the PANYNJ the plane didn't crash, it "failed to land on it's approach..."

August 21, 2009
Statement by:
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey on Teterboro Plane Crash

At approximately 3:20 am, a twin-engine small plane with two people on board, failed to land on its approach to Teterboro. The plane went past the airport, clipped a tree and landed in a grassy area just north of Route 46. The two people were able to exit the plane and were transported to the hospital by emergency rescue personnel. A fire on the plane was put out by Port Authority responders and local firefighters. There were no injuries on the ground.
The investigation is now being headed by the National Transportation Safety Board, which is on the scene. The Port Authority expresses our hopes for a full recovery of those on board the aircraft.

###

DHG750R
2009-08-21, 06:24 PM
let the uninformed begin speaking...

The Bergen County Exceutive says it's getting "too close for comfort" and the airport will be re-evaluated.

Gerard
2009-08-21, 06:42 PM
let the uninformed begin speaking...

The Bergen County Exceutive says it's getting "too close for comfort" and the airport will be re-evaluated.

He's reading those comments at the end of the article. LOL!!

Tom_Turner
2009-08-21, 08:34 PM
Well, all these people want to "do something" - US Airways lands in the Hudson, then gas all the non migratory geese in Jamaica Bay...

Collision over the Hudson, shut down the corridor...

Too many incidents at TEB, close the airport...

Its too dangerous.... cut the risk...

The sky itself is dangerous..

Remember too...say no LNG, say no to NUKES, say no to OIL, say no to COAL....
All problems solved... :borat:

Matt Molnar
2009-08-22, 12:50 AM
There were a number of people who spoke out against the danger of trains back in the days when they topped out at around 15 mph, but I think those folks gave up pretty quickly. Unfortunately the same isn't true for the anti-airport voices which continue to make noise 100 years later. Then again, government is exponentially bigger now, and there are a lot more pols vying for time on TVs that didn't exist back then.

Mateo
2009-08-22, 01:39 AM
Which warehouse did this one hit? It was a 1 arrival, so was it the one with the trees just to the west of the high school?

Matt Molnar
2009-09-05, 04:42 PM
Update: The pilot died of his injuries (http://wcbstv.com/topstories/teterboro.plane.crash.2.1166025.html) yesterday. :(

NIKV69
2009-09-05, 05:19 PM
As per the PANYNJ the plane didn't crash, it "failed to land on it's approach..."

I expect more from people actually involved in the aviation business. I mean it's bad enough the media blows it every time they handle aviation. Oh I got a great one. I was watching an Area 51 documentary last night and some idiot investigator is at LAS watching the Janet birds and the narrator tells the viewer that "using his special investigative skills" he found out they are operated by EG&G, a military contractor. HE GOOGLED THE DAMN TAIL NUMBER!. I guess that makes us all special investigators. It really is nuts sometimes.

Matt Molnar
2009-09-05, 08:17 PM
...he found out they are operated by EG&G, a military contractor. HE GOOGLED THE DAMN TAIL NUMBER!. I guess that makes us all special investigators. It really is nuts sometimes.
Is it possible he's the guy who originally made the connection? Someone had to do it, probably before Google was around. :)

NIKV69
2009-09-05, 08:46 PM
Is it possible he's the guy who originally made the connection? Someone had to do it, probably before Google was around.

I seriously doubt it. I entered one of the tail #s (N5294M) in yahoo and the results have all the info including EG&G as the operator, aircraft type etc. I am so sure we all knew this long before this show aired. This guy was so stupid, he actually thought if he followed one of the Area 51 employees home he would tell him what he does there. Good call.