PDA

View Full Version : Glad to see UA do the right thing

mirrodie
2009-08-02, 10:29 PM
So I met with Glenn Stewart today for dinner before his flight.

By the time we got to LGA, it was 615 and his 805 flight went tech and was cancelled.

We stood in line together. There was a 6pm flight also delayed that we would try to get on. BUt then no more UA flights to ORD for the night.

UA agent had a list in hand of 2 AA flights with 3 seats each. They got him on an AA MadDog, which was a bonus new type for him too.

Great to see UA take care of him, esp since he's a OW and QF Club member but has zero status on UA>

mirrodie
2009-08-03, 10:25 AM
Addendum:

Funny scene though, Glenn was SOOOO panicked with his new AA pass in hand, he RAN the terminal with his rollaway luggage, making a very loud and distinct "clackety-clack" as the wheels sprinted across the grooves in the tile.

The sound was akin to small arms fire staccato!

And a line of employees' heads all looked up to see Glenn marathoning through the terminal, wondering what the heck is that sound, a day after LGA had a bomb scare. ROFL!!!! Classic!

PhilDernerJr
2009-08-03, 10:26 AM
I think they were more concerned that it was OJ.

http://imgs.sfgate.com/c/pictures/2009/01/31/ba-stone01_obit_421902156.jpg

T-Bird76
2009-08-03, 11:48 AM
Mario sorry to poo poo your good customer service story about UA but this wasn't UA doing this out of the goodness of their heart...it’s simply standard procedure. If your flight was cancelled and another carrier has a flight that will get you to your destination, under the contract of carriage they will put you on that flight. Has nothing to do with UA "doing the right thing," it’s what they have to do. It’s happened to me many times before.

One thing to point out is if you fly airlines like Southwest, Airtran, or Spirit...they will not do this as it is not in their contract of carriage.

mirrodie
2009-08-03, 12:22 PM
Oh, Tom, I know. But considering UA had initially given him a, IMHO, poor option of flying UA to DCA, then connecting to ORD on UA, they gave him a better option.