PDA

View Full Version : Computer Presentation Of ENG Helo Crash

Gerard
2009-08-01, 10:17 AM
http://www.verticalmag.com/control/news ... s/?a=11419 (http://www.verticalmag.com/control/news/templates/?a=11419)

Pretty sad.

Fighting_falcon_51
2009-08-01, 10:21 AM
Wow, that accident was so sad. :(

emshighway
2009-08-01, 11:11 AM
nyQygLTqDUo

Gerard
2009-08-02, 10:14 AM
Watching the video and listening to the actual pilots voices is chilling. It looks like one pilot had a brain fart and
wasnt paying attention to his surroundings when he plowed into the Bell.

cancidas
2009-08-02, 12:43 PM
It looks like one pilot had a brain fart and wasnt paying attention to his surroundings when he plowed into the Bell.
it's a grim reminder what they used to drill into us in flight school: LOSS OF SITUATIONAL AWARENESS KILLS!

Fighting_falcon_51
2009-08-02, 02:35 PM
It looks like one pilot had a brain fart and wasnt paying attention to his surroundings when he plowed into the Bell.
it's a grim reminder what they used to drill into us in flight school: LOSS OF SITUATIONAL AWARENESS KILLS!
Yeah, I dont get how the pilot didnt see the other Helo.

Gerard
2009-08-02, 07:43 PM
Yeah, I dont get how the pilot didnt see the other Helo.

I believe in this situation the pilot was pilot AND reporter and might have been distracted by what was going on on the ground and NOT
around him. Possibly looking at an on-board TV monitor?

Fighting_falcon_51
2009-08-03, 10:23 AM
I believe in this situation the pilot was pilot AND reporter and might have been distracted by what was going on on the ground and NOT
I think during those chases the pilots should just focus on the flying the aircraft, and just throw another person on to take care of the other stuff.

PhilDernerJr
2009-08-03, 10:25 AM
If that is the case, I think there should be a law preventing that one-person operation.

NIKV69
2009-08-03, 11:14 AM

Yep goes to show our obsession with the car chases is beginning to consume us. That pilot lost focus for just a small amount of time but it was enough not to recover. Matt is also right I noticed by going up with Don Laughlin in his Eurocopter when he flew it with my buddy he constantly kept him aware of the big towers and wires we have in the desert. He did it so much I thought it was overkill but I noticed after the 3rd ride that if you let your guard down just a little and it's real sunny you can lose sight of those things in the landscape rather easily and if your too close you can't recover and you die. Real simple.