PDA

View Full Version : Air Force One Tail

Speedbird1
2009-07-17, 10:21 AM
Somebody posted a complaint recently to the NY Daily News that the US flag on the tail of Air Force is backwards on 1 side. The respondents said that it was to show the flag from both sides so it was no accident and is not offensive. I recently purchased a plastic model of Air Force One from Skymarks and instantly realized that the flag was being shown from 2 different sides.

moose135
2009-07-17, 10:29 AM
On things that move (cars, airplanes, people) the US flag should be displayed so that the blue field is facing forward as it moves.

PhilDernerJr
2009-07-17, 10:55 AM
This comes up on occasion. Do you have a link to the Daily News article? I'd love to see how this was worded or if there was a hint at anti-Americanism on Obama's part.

PhilDernerJr
2009-07-17, 10:59 AM
I found it:

Air Force One's wrong way

Franklin Square, L.I.: Why does the most important jet plane and most recognized plane in the world have the U.S. flag painted backward on its tail?

Ed Miele

emshighway
2009-07-17, 04:08 PM
The union (blue field with stars) is suppose to be towards the front of the vehicle.

Gerard
2009-07-17, 05:13 PM
> I'd love to see how this was worded or if there was a hint at anti-Americanism on Obama's part.[/quote]

I'm pretty sure this was what he was getting at. TWo letters today straightened it out.