PDA

View Full Version : Woot.com

T-Bird76
2009-07-11, 08:28 AM
Does anyone else here use or look at woot.com? I got turned onto it about six months back, and have got some great things from the site. The premise of the site is that each day they offer only one thing for sale at rock bottom prices and once its sold out its sold out, no rain checks, no sorry we'll get more that's it...oh and don't email them as they won't respond. They occasionally do something called a woot off where they keep adding things throughout the day as each item sells out. Its a pretty cool site with some great deals, the most interesting thing they offer on occasion is called the "bag of crap." The bag of crap is usually offered for 2 bucks and you never know what you're going to get, it could be something really cheap or something highly valued you don't know what the bag of crap is until its delivered. The last bag of crap two weeks ago was Klipsch Book shelf speakers that retail for 300 a pair, I didn't need them but for 2 buck plus 5 dollars in shipping you can't go wrong.

the site is...

http://www.woot.com

PhilDernerJr
2009-07-11, 09:05 AM
I've seen those random bags things in stores and I love that kinda stuff. Although in this store, it was a paper bag for $1 that that random kiddie toys in there....and you know me, I'm entertained by anything.

Woot sounds awesome and I'm definitely going to get in on the bag of crap.

Thanks Tommy.

mmedford
2009-07-11, 11:03 AM
I'm a daily wooter...

Bought a netbook, power octopus strip and as of recent... 3 Mr. Clean car cleaner kits...

Also Check Newegg & Geeks.com every morning as well...

pgengler
2009-07-11, 11:06 AM

Good luck. The bags of crap (or "Random Crap", as Woot officially calls it) are highly coveted among Woot watchers; when they come up during a woot-off*, it usually means that Woot's servers fail miserably. It's a wonder anyone is actually able to order, because you need to get through three pages with the server becoming unavailable for 90+% of the time.

* Not every woot-off has a bag of crap in it, though most do, I think. It's sometimes, rarely, the "item of the day." April Fool's Day is a likely candidate but it sometimes pops up on other days. Woot updates with new products at midnight CST, so 1am on the east coast.

T-Bird76
2009-07-11, 03:03 PM

Good luck. The bags of crap (or "Random Crap", as Woot officially calls it) are highly coveted among Woot watchers; when they come up during a woot-off*, it usually means that Woot's servers fail miserably. It's a wonder anyone is actually able to order, because you need to get through three pages with the server becoming unavailable for 90+% of the time.

* Not every woot-off has a bag of crap in it, though most do, I think. It's sometimes, rarely, the "item of the day." April Fool's Day is a likely candidate but it sometimes pops up on other days. Woot updates with new products at midnight CST, so 1am on the east coast.

You've had problems Phil? I've never had a problem with Woot, even during woot off's...which we haven't had one in sometime...Two for Tuesday's is pretty good too.

Midnight Mike
2009-07-11, 03:55 PM
Does anyone else here use or look at woot.com? I got turned onto it about six months back,

http://www.woot.com

I refuse to go to any website that turns on Tommy :wink: :mrgreen:

pgengler
2009-07-11, 05:15 PM
I don't know if they've gotten any better in the last few months (the novelty finally wore off from wootoffs, since there was so rarely anything I was remotely interested in), but every other time I tried to buy a BoC during a wootoff it was a failure. First the basic ordering page would fail to come up, taking about 50 refreshes. Then the same thing trying to change the quantity from 1 to 3 (though I think they finally did away with needing this step). Then again for the "confirm your order" page. If, by some miracle, you managed to get that far, the order wouldn't go through, or they'd be sold out by then.

Alex T
2009-07-11, 10:52 PM
and yet tommy yells at me and goes "no wooting alex!"

Alex

T-Bird76
2009-07-12, 09:07 AM
and yet tommy yells at me and goes "no wooting alex!"

Alex

No wooting Trude.

Fighting_falcon_51
2009-07-12, 11:48 PM
They had the bag of crap today but their servers were swamped :( I usually check newegg for tech stuff but they just took my $200 bucks and gave me half of an item so I dont know if I will use them again.