PDA

View Full Version : Some Hockey Signings and Trades

PhilDernerJr
2009-07-01, 04:12 PM
So since the Rangers lost Orr to Toronto, we picked up Brashear, which is pretty wild. I'm not as enthusiastic about trading Gomez for Higgins.

Also surprising is that Chicago signed Hosa for 12 years for $62 million.

Matt Molnar
2009-07-01, 04:34 PM
Didn't Brashear break Blair Betts' eye socket last year? That should make for some fun times in the locker room.

PhilDernerJr
2009-07-01, 05:03 PM
You are correct. I wonder how they will itneract.

Gerard
2009-07-01, 06:05 PM
[quote="Phil D."]So since the Rangers lost Orr to Toronto, we picked up Brashear, which is pretty wild.

Yeah I'm not happy with this one. I liked Orr and his game was improving but good for him and his contract.

> I'm not as enthusiastic about trading Gomez for Higgins.<

Could be good, LI kid comes home to play with the Rangers. Things like that sometimes lights a fire in an athlete. LOL speaking
of fire his father is a captain in the FDNY.
I like Gomez but he really didnt do anything that I expected. For that matter neither did Drury and he might be next to go. I
heard a rumor of Drury for Heatley.

sporky
2009-07-01, 07:06 PM
And for us Vancouver fans and West Coast hockey nuts, yes there are a few, the Canucks resigned the Sedin twins to 5-year deals.

-Tad

Nick
2009-07-01, 07:36 PM
So we lost our enforcer and picked up Brashear? Him and Avery, really? Not too excited about that.

PhilDernerJr
2009-07-01, 07:37 PM
Usually when you get some good fighters, you're doing it to protect your high-profile goal scorers....and I don't know who Brashear or Avery are supposed to protect.

h2opunk1822
2009-07-01, 07:58 PM
the isles signed roloson today to a 2 year $5mil deal!.. Hopefully he becomes our #1 goaltender

Matt Molnar
2009-07-01, 09:02 PM
Rangers just signed Marion Gaborik from Minnesota, 5 years, $7.5 million a year. Injuries shortened his season last year, but the year before he set career highs in goals (42), assists (41) and points (83) in 77 games.

Gerard
2009-07-01, 09:16 PM
So we lost our enforcer and picked up Brashear? Him and Avery, really? Not too excited about that.

Yeah two a**holes!!! LOL and I'm a Ranger fan but I DONT like Brashear!! Oh well.

Gerard
2009-07-01, 09:17 PM
Rangers just signed Marion Gaborik from Minnesota, 5 years, $7.5 million a year. Injuries shortened his season last year, but the year before he set career highs in goals (42), assists (41) and points (83) in 77 games.

Cool thanks I just got home!! Good player but have to keep him healthy!!! Has had injury problems.

h2opunk1822
2009-07-01, 10:44 PM
ill be honest.. i was kinda hoping that we would of picked him up.. but with him so prone to injuries im kinda happy we passed him up.. cant really afford another injury prone player..

and as for the rangers getting brashear... dumbest thing, hes good, but really.... brashear couldnt of gotten somebody better??

lijk604
2009-07-02, 02:50 PM
I'm surprised that the Rangers let Antropov go...4 yrs/16mil with Atlanta? WTF? By trading Gomez they had plenty of cash to match that.

Drury has a strong no-trade clause so I doubt he will be moved. Most of the high profile UFA's are gone, so I certainly hope the Rangers have some major trade coming, otherwise they did absolutly nothing to help the anemic offense.

lijk604
2009-07-02, 02:51 PM
the isles signed roloson today to a 2 year $5mil deal!.. Hopefully he becomes our #1 goaltender

Might as well. They have a goalie with a 15-year contract who is injury prone, and they wasted their second AND third round picks on goalies. So I guess even the Isles have lost faith in Ricky.

NIKV69
2009-07-02, 04:37 PM
So since the Rangers lost Orr to Toronto, we picked up Brashear, which is pretty wild. I'm not as enthusiastic about trading Gomez for Higgins.

I think Brashear is overrated and losing Gomez was stupid. Wish the Rangers would trade their coach.

lijk604
2009-07-02, 05:56 PM
I think Brashear is overrated and losing Gomez was stupid. Wish the Rangers would trade their coach.

Nick I agree, Brashear is over-rated, but they did not lose Gomez. They gave him away for lesser talent. It was a salary cap move, and although Gaborik could be a sniper, he has to prove he can play every day. He hasn't played more than 65 games a year in the last few years.

Tortorella is not the problem. Remember he was only in power at the trade deadline last year. Give him a full training camp + 40 games, then we can evaluate him.

h2opunk1822
2009-07-02, 06:50 PM
I think chris higgens is a much talented player.. Gomez really hasn't been performing as well as he did on the devils.

And as for ricky.. i kinda like him sitting up in the box seats all season, it looks good for him. Now that we have roloson, put him as number 1 and danis as number 2. (yes im an islanders fan).. i just hate DP.

Gerard
2009-07-02, 07:29 PM
>I think Brashear is overrated and losing Gomez was stupid.<

Actually I think Gomez was overrated for the Rangers and getting Brashear was stupid. IMHO he's a dirty player
and brings nothing to the table but trouble. Just not feeling it.

GrummanFan
2009-07-02, 08:36 PM
Hopefully Gaborik won't be a dud, and we'll see more exciting plays like this...

kQCXLDrNIBQ&feature=related

h2opunk1822
2009-07-02, 11:42 PM
Yeaaa.. but we have this!

ibIHREgYmDE

NIKV69
2009-07-03, 08:46 AM
They gave him away for lesser talent. It was a salary cap move, and although Gaborik could be a sniper, he has to prove he can play every day. He hasn't played more than 65 games a year in the last few years.

I know but he proved he could play when it counted. Remember in hockey it doesn't take a whole lot to get to the post season. After that is when in counts. Which we saw how the Rangers failed miserably against the Caps.

Remember he was only in power at the trade deadline last year. Give him a full training camp + 40 games, then we can evaluate him.

Tru but I don't like him, he seems to me not to have the respect of his players and he says some dumb stuff. The other day he was quoted as saying that only Henrik's job is safe and every line is up for grabs. I think that was incredibly dumb. If you want to think that fine, don't say it in the press. Coming off a monumental collapse you want to inspire some confidence not throw things into disarray.