PDA

View Full Version : TONIGHT 6/25: Southwest Social in Bryant Park

Futterman
2009-06-25, 10:28 AM
Hi guys,

This is pretty self-explanatory:

http://southwestsocial.eventbrite.com/

Apparently, this place can hold about 175 people. I got my name on the list for the drink coupon (who, me?) earlier this week, but RSVP does not appear to be necessary. If you do go, please send me an email ([email protected]) or call me (917-741-7739) since it would be great to meet up with some familiar faces or names.

Seeya there!

Brian

Matt Molnar
2009-06-26, 01:24 AM
Dangit, wish I had seen this earlier. I read about the "porch" thing yesterday and thought about checking it out, I think it'll be there for awhile. How was the event?

Futterman
2009-06-26, 09:37 PM
WELL...

The porch itself, as I've read, will be around through the middle of September, so you've got plenty of time to check it out. Last night was just an organized gathering of Southwest's followers from Twitter (myself included) and a nifty way for them to capitalize on their use of social media. Though I'm not sure how much capital was involved, since the free food and drinks were certainly flowing.

They also had everybody who RSVP'd fill out a sheet for a contest they held today, where they would "tweet" people drawn at random and give them 2 minutes to reply. Winner gets, amazingly enough, one of two seats on the inaugural MDW flight or one of two seats on the inaugural BWI flight.

I got home this afternoon to see that the game had been going on for a bit and, to my surprise, my name was called just a few minutes after I opened my laptop. Thanks to Twitter, I got two free beers, a bunch of free food, met some great people, and will be going to Baltimore on Sunday morning, first commercial Southwest flight out of LGA at 7:20am, and staying in the Intercontinental Harbor Court Baltimore until I return to NYC on Monday afternoon!!

Unbelievable. Hopefully someone can swing pictures!

Brian

Matt Molnar
2009-06-27, 02:30 AM
Nice!