PDA

View Full Version : Printed Timetables ?

Speedbird1
2009-06-12, 11:07 AM
Do any airliners still print their timetables? They were most useful as some even had a seating diagram of the various airline types. The last timetable I got was from Lufthansa but when I returned, they had no timetables. They are all trying to cut-back on their use of paper but printed timetables were a convenience. I'm surprised that they still publish in-flight magazines. I suppose that advertisers need a "captive" audience aboard a flight.

coachrowsey
2009-06-12, 11:34 AM
Every now & then I see an LH printed time table here.

moose135
2009-06-12, 01:54 PM
I'm surprised that they still publish in-flight magazines. I suppose that advertisers need a "captive" audience aboard a flight.
The only reason they have an in-flight magazine is if the advertising covers the costs of it - not only the expense to print and distribute it, but for the fuel used to carry the extra weight of the magazines - yes, they calculate that too.

Mateo
2009-06-13, 12:03 PM
I've seen a few while skulking around T1 - AZ, KE, NH, LH. Southwest does them as well.

Speedbird1
2009-06-15, 08:34 AM
Actually ANA uses T7 not T1.

Mateo
2009-06-15, 10:48 AM
Actually ANA uses T7 not T1.Whoops - of course. I meant JAL, although now that I think about it, I didn't see a JL one the last time I was there.

Speedbird1
2009-06-18, 11:53 AM
JAL stopped giving them out as a cost-cutter. I think the magazine is "Wind". When I asked for a copy the other day, I was told it was for flyers only. JAL also shut their NYC Ticket Office. I guess times are bad. Most other Asian airlines still have ticket offices here in NYC.