PDA

View Full Version : JFK-Australia Now Around $700 r/t incl Tax on Qantas

Matt Molnar
2009-06-10, 01:34 PM
I've never seen it this cheap...JFK-LAX-SYD-LAX-JFK = $289 each way plus tax, which works out to around $700 (some flights on some days seem to be a few dollars more).

Travel dates: Aug. 11 - Sept. 15; Nov. 9-30
Book by June 16.

http://www.qantasdeal.com/?rgn_cam=us:o ... ky-pkg-999 (http://www.qantasdeal.com/?rgn_cam=us:opti:fy0809:trazoo-sky-pkg-999)

T-Bird76
2009-06-10, 01:59 PM
Oh the temptation...... Problem is if your going to do Oz you need to do it right and spend a good amount of time there. I'm pushing to go there for 2010 if things work the way I hope they do.

Matt Molnar
2009-06-10, 02:25 PM
They're also offering a $999 package which includes 7 nights in a 4-star Sydney hotel and air from LAX or SFO...probably a little higher from NY.

mirrodie
2009-06-10, 03:04 PM
Oh the temptation...... Problem is if your going to do Oz you need to do it right and spend a good amount of time there. I'm pushing to go there for 2010 if things work the way I hope they do.

Having been there twice, I disagree. Australia, like the song, only a day away. The mistake that many of us make is trying to cram TOO much of the country into one trip. I've been there twice and covered....Sydney, Darwin, Kununurra, Adelaide, Cairns, Port Douglas, Uluru, Singleton and Perth. I've found places that I want to spend more time and more places to explore.

It's like trying to cover a country the size of the USA in a short time. Travelers to the US know that multiple trips are needed to capture the essence of such a large place.

Conversely, I know Glenn is headed our way soon again b/c the US is just vast.

I'd jump at it now but would rather the kids were a bit older. My plan is to keep going back at least every 7 years.

I'd implore that anyone who's got a 9 days to blow and wants to hit Australia, (so you have a full week) then do it b/c that is a phenomenal price. 7 days in Sydney, you can cover Bondi Beach, the Blue Mountains, the city, vineyards, Bridgeclimb, a scenic flight, the list goes on.

WOW. That is a better price than SXM in the winter!!! :borat: :borat: :borat: