PDA

View Full Version : Small bomb goes off outside Upper East Side Starbucks

Midnight Mike
2009-05-25, 10:52 AM
A small improvised explosive device detonated outside an Upper East Side Starbucks early Monday morning, shattering the coffee shop's windows and raising fears of terrorism.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_crim ... bucks.html (http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_crime/2009/05/25/2009-05-25_small_bomb_goes_off_outside_upper_east_side_sta rbucks.html)

PhilDernerJr
2009-05-25, 10:56 AM
CBS News reported "It wasn't a bomb, but just an improvised explosive device". Huh?

This might be a running trend, perhaps the same person that lobbed a small explosive at the Times Square recruiting station, and the Mexican and British embassies. They all happened in the early hours of the morning. Probably someone just wanting to send a message and not hurt anyone.

cancidas
2009-05-25, 11:55 AM
Probably someone just wanting to send a message and not hurt anyone.
"i make bombs that only blow up wooden benches and shatter windows... fear me!"

signed,
starbucks mystery bomber

moose135
2009-05-25, 03:15 PM
The terrorists think they can beat us if they take away our Starbucks! In Tommy's case, they may be right. :wink:

T-Bird76
2009-05-25, 03:28 PM
I've been following this story closely all day...these events strike at our love for high quality coffee and must not go unpunished. I heard a report that a person in clown suit with curly red hair was seen near by right after the incident. Prob that F#$ker of a clown McDonald is at it again.

Midnight Mike
2009-05-25, 03:39 PM
The terrorists think they can beat us if they take away our Starbucks! In Tommy's case, they may be right. :wink:

Oh gawd, I don't want to hear Tommy scream like a little girl :lol:

Matt Molnar
2009-05-25, 04:05 PM
Surprised no one was sleeping on that bench at that time of morning.

T-Bird76
2009-05-25, 05:40 PM

Oh gawd, I don't want to hear Tommy scream like a little girl :lol:

You know your the only one who can make me do that Mike, LOLOLOLOL

wunaladreamin
2009-05-27, 05:42 PM
Maybe he was pissed off at having to learn a new language and sell off some of his sperm in order to get a cup of coffee. :lol:

moose135
2009-07-15, 03:06 PM
Teen arrested in Starbucks bombing
BY ROCCO PARASCANDOLA
1:33 PM EDT, July 15, 2009

He was inspired by the reel life character played by Brad Pitt in "Fight Club," but now a Manhattan teenager is in real trouble - charged with bombing an Upper East Side Starbucks as part of a plan to target corporate America, New York City police said Wednesday. Kyle Shaw, 17, was picked up outside his Chelsea building Tuesday night and charged with arson, criminal mischief and criminal possession of weapon.

Police Commissioner Ray Kelly said Shaw is not connected to the still unsolved bombings at the Mexican and British consulates, or to the bombing at the Times Square military recruitment station.

Instead, Kelly said, Shaw was driven by his love of "Fight Club," forming a group that brawled in Central Park, then stepping it up a notch, forming "Project Mayhem," a group of anti-social terrorists who want to take down corporate America, even targeting a Starbucks.

Full Story (http://www.newsday.com/news/local/newyork/ny-nybomb1612972252jul15,0,192114.story)

You can rest easy now, Tommy, your Starbucks is safe once again!

Matt Molnar
2009-07-15, 03:11 PM
Instead, Kelly said, Shaw was driven by his love of "Fight Club," forming a group that brawled in Central Park, then stepping it up a notch, forming "Project Mayhem," a group of anti-social terrorists who want to take down corporate America, even targeting a Starbucks.
WTF? These kind of kids are only supposed to exist in flyover states and the Middle East, where there's nothing better to do.