PDA

View Full Version : F-22 Taxiway Collision Causes $1 Million in Damage

cancidas
2009-04-17, 05:24 PM
from FlightGlobal:

By Stephen Trimble
A US Air Force Lockheed Martin F-22A Raptor has sustained more than $1 million in damage after colliding with another aircraft parked on a taxiway.

A spokesman at Tyndall AFB, Florida, where the incident last week occurred, confirmed the F-22A struck a Royal Canadian Air Force Boeing CF-18.

Despite a $1 million repair bill, the collision was a relatively minor, low-speed event, the spokesman says. Details of the damage are being withheld pending the results of a safety investigation.

The USAF defines a Class A safety mishap as any incident resulting in death or disabling injury to people or more than $1 million worth of damage to the aircraft.

Meanwhile, the RCAF has also dispatched a safety investigation team to Tyndall, says a spokesman for the 1st Canadian Air Division.

The spokesman was unable to immediately provide details about the damage sustained by the parked CF-18.

so now that they're not getting any more new ones, they're breaking the ones they've got. good job!

Fighting_falcon_51
2009-04-17, 05:53 PM
I know they are gems, its very scary......

SCOTYDEMCO
2009-04-18, 12:20 AM
As long as nobody was hurt.

That will buff right out I'm sure.

flyboy 28
2009-04-18, 12:33 AM
The USAF defines a Class A safety mishap as any incident resulting in death or disabling injury to people or more than $1 million worth of damage to the aircraft.

I'm pretty sure the left nav light costs one mil alone on the F-22. :roll: