PDA

View Full Version : Florida Bound Southwest Jet Returns to MacArthur Airport

Ari707
2009-04-06, 11:49 AM
RONKONKOMA, N.Y. (AP) -- A Florida-bound Southwest Airlines jetliner has returned to New York's Long Island MacArthur Airport after experiencing engine trouble.

Flight 195 to Fort Myers, Fla., took off at 9:50 a.m. Monday with 127 passengers aboard.

Airline spokeswoman Whitney Eichinger (EYE'-kin-jer) says the Boeing 737 returned to the airport about a half-hour later after experiencing undisclosed engine trouble.

It landed safely at 10:24 a.m. There were no injuries.

The plane was being examined by airline mechanics. The passengers were expected to be placed on another jet.

JHNA57
2009-04-07, 08:25 AM
Why return to Islip? I would think they were already close to BWI, a larger facility with plenty of SW maintanence and alternate a/c if needed.

Matt Molnar
2009-04-07, 10:10 AM
Why return to Islip? I would think they were already close to BWI, a larger facility with plenty of SW maintanence and alternate a/c if needed.
I think it happened shortly after takeoff, and they circled for awhile to burn fuel.

emshighway
2009-04-07, 03:55 PM
I thought the same. They were in the air for 40 minutes, if they were not circling they then passed a half dozen other airports.