PDA

View Full Version : Southwest Poll: What Should be Our First Europe Destination?

Matt Molnar
2009-03-29, 04:25 PM
Southwest posted an interesting poll on their Facebook page this past week. The question:

What city should Southwest start offering lowcost ($50) transatlantic flights to first?
London (It's closest duh)
Berlin (It's where the cool kids go)
Barcelona (Antonio Gaudi anyone?)
Paris (par le vu france?)
Budapest (East is the new West)
Don't Waste Your Time - Stay in the US

Vote here: http://twtpoll.com/5kjc3k

Alex T
2009-03-29, 04:45 PM
I saw that but usually Southwest has their own twitter and they usually post their own under the @southwestair name.

I don't think he has any association with WN other than maybe being a Fan or something. I could be wrong though!

Still an interesting Poll, and I would like to see Paris! :-D

Alex

T-Bird76
2009-03-29, 05:21 PM
Southwest (or whoever posted this) better get their geography right before attempting to fly across the pond. Last I checked Ireland and Iceland are a part of Europe and much closer then London.

Matt Molnar
2009-03-29, 07:19 PM
I saw that but usually Southwest has their own twitter and they usually post their own under the @southwestair name.

I don't think he has any association with WN other than maybe being a Fan or something. I could be wrong though!

Still an interesting Poll, and I would like to see Paris! :-D

Alex
The Facebook page is run by SW itself, check it out: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Southwest ... 6806028948 (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Southwest-Airlines/6806028948)

moose135
2009-03-29, 07:39 PM
Southwest (or whoever posted this) better get their geography right before attempting to fly across the pond. Last I checked Ireland and Iceland are a part of Europe and much closer then London.
But I didn't see either of those on the list of choices - London is the closest of the options given...

T-Bird76
2009-03-30, 03:46 PM
But I didn't see either of those on the list of choices - London is the closest of the options given...

Still not the closet to the U.S. ;)

dimamo1983
2009-04-02, 01:52 AM
Delta 75s are bad enough for trans Atlantic journeys from what I hear. 737 to Europe? As awesome as Southwest is, thanks, but no thanks.

Edit: But if they insist, they might as well uphold their brand and fly to southwest Europe ;)

Ari707
2009-04-02, 09:05 AM
globespan tried it last summer from Ireland and they had to stop often. So a 737NG will be a one stop flight so a 8 hour flight becomes 9-10 hrs with only peanuts...

lijk604
2009-04-02, 10:54 AM
Whatever happened to the propsed codeshare with Ryanair?

Matt Molnar
2009-04-02, 11:00 AM
Doesn't seem to be happening. Next partners will likely be Lufthansa and Swiss.

T-Bird76
2009-04-02, 11:22 AM

Eh.....doubt it...LH is partners with B6 Matt...as they own 18% of B6. LH also owns Swiss so doubt that as well.

Matt Molnar
2009-04-02, 11:25 AM

Eh.....doubt it...LH is partners with B6 Matt...as they own 18% of B6. LH also owns Swiss so doubt that as well.
Argh, for some reason when I wrote that post I decided we were talking about jetBlue instead of Southwest. Time for coffee!

JetBlueAirwaysFan
2009-04-02, 12:43 PM
I think it would all depend on where they would fly to Europe from, and what type of aircraft they can use. I am not sure their current fleet can make it across the pond. I would say if they flew to Europe from BOS or ISP, maybe even BDL, they would still need ETOPS certified aircraft.