PDA

View Full Version : Fantastic movie found online - "Speed and Angels"

flyboy 28
2009-03-21, 05:26 PM
Young Navy Officers, Jay and Meagan, have dreamt of becoming naval aviators flying the F-14 Tomcat since their childhoods. The film follows their two-and-a-half year journey as it takes them through dogfights in the Nevada desert, night landings on aircraft carriers in the Atlantic, and eventually to the biggest challenge young officers face: wartime deployments to Iraq.

http://www.hulu.com/watch/49206/speed-and-angels

I love Hulu.

Gerard
2009-03-24, 10:06 PM
Also available on Netflix

mmedford
2009-03-25, 12:55 AM
excellent documentary!

I'm so jealous of those two, I want to fly a Tomcat!

Derf
2009-03-25, 01:53 PM
Amazing!!! Thanks!

Fighting_falcon_51
2009-03-28, 08:01 AM
Ive been looking for this! Thanks!

threeholerglory
2009-03-30, 04:32 PM
great video...i pre-ordered it as soon as i found out it was being shot. Turned out that it took quite a few months beyond the original release date before they actually released it...but nonetheless a great video. Also check out 16R...another Terwilliger film (check spelling?).

-Mike

USAF Pilot 07
2009-04-01, 12:51 AM
What I thought was going to be just another uber-ghey documentary turned out to be a somewhat cool portrayal of these two peoples' early flying "careers". Kudos to the director!

Too bad they are in the Navy though, and went to a pretty terrible university with a stupid goat as a mascot, and that one dude is from Mass which means he's probably a douche... On the other hand that one neighbor of his shown at the end was pretty hot...

While I never really wanted to do the Navy flying thing (I mean who would want to learn how to fly in Pensacola or Corpus Christi at your own pace, be treated like a God and probably deal with a ton less BS than AF guys do), nor did I ever want to go T-38s or to fly fighters as a job, I would love to get a ride in the backseat of an -18 and experience a carrier launch and trap. I had the opportunity to backseat in an F-16 doing some BFM over the Atlantic, and that was a trip - I can't imagine doing all that after being launched off a carrier and then coming back to land on one....

dimamo1983
2009-04-02, 01:47 AM
I liked it, but not from the point of "the new Top Gun" as it was proclaimed to be everywhere. To me it felt more like 16R - an aviation documentary with amazing amazing footage.

The director is actually a Delta airlines (757?) captain.