PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Questions From Airline Passengers

PhilDernerJr
2009-03-16, 12:00 PM
If any of you are on Facebook, I recommend you join this group and check it out here and there for the new posts. Some of them are VERY funny.

http://www.facebook.com/inbox/readmessa ... 7059213846 (http://www.facebook.com/inbox/readmessage.php?t=81927586752&mbox_pos=0#/group.php?gid=7059213846)

Unfortunately, some of them also show how stupid and rude some airline employees are.

If you don't have facebook, maybe you can post some of your own collections or experiences here.

Delta777LR
2009-03-16, 12:08 PM
I was just looking at that before lol. I just joined in the group....

PhilDernerJr
2009-03-20, 10:05 AM
I heard a story from a former TWA employee that I knew which I enjoyed after having a conversation abotu stupid passenger/employee experiences. A plane landed at JFK and the ground guys went into the belly and pulled out a kennel...and the dog inside was found to be dead. the crew figured there was a heating problem in the belly and that it had froxen to death.

In an effort to hide the airline's error, they quickly went out and bought a new dog that looked just like it, and discarded with the deceased one.

When the kennel was handed to the owner, she became hysterical and angry. It turns out that the dog was dead before it was ever put on the plane, and the women was just using the kennel to transport it to where she wanted it to be buried.

LGA777
2009-03-20, 04:05 PM
My favorite was when I still worked the gates and the vis at LGA was zero/zero in fog, from the gate area you could not even see the wing of the 737 parked right outside. It was early morning and it was an originator, and all flights where delayed. Most paxs where taking it in stride, and after making a delay update announcement to the passengers in my boarding area one woman approached me and asked "Sir is the fog effecting Delta's flights also or just USAir" ?

You just can't make this stuff up, the travelling public is amazing!

Cheers

LGA777

Mr. Heavy
2009-04-03, 04:09 PM
Hi!!New user here!!Back to the topic now, last year I got laid off from my job at the airport here in Vegas.It's amazing how many employees that I worked with (including many really senior employees) in my 8 years at my last job and over 10 years in aviation related jobs that knew little to nothing about aviation(differentiating between aircraft types,not having even a rudimentary understanding of how a plane flies or of the ATC system even though these concepts directly or indirectly affected our jobs).One time, for example,not long after Phillipines introduced A340 service between YVR-LAS,a co-worker and I were standing outside of the break room after working a flight when the plane was on approack to 25L.My co-worker looked at the plane and said "Oh look, a 777!!" :roll: How many times on aviation related boards would a customer making the same mistake in spotting be ripped to shreads for showing the same "ignorance" when all of us would have been able to differentiate between the two types right of the bat by being able to distinguish that a 777 has 2 engines and an A340 has 4 engines??