PDA

View Full Version : Will Smith Calls Ralph Macchio For 'Karate Kid' Advice

Midnight Mike
2009-03-06, 07:44 PM
March 5th, 2009

Will Smith called the original Karate Kid to give his young son Jaden guidance on how to play the role in the forthcoming remake.

The Men In Black star is producing the movie and his 10-year-old son has landed the lead part of Daniel LaRusso.

And Smith is so eager for the youngster to shine in the movie, he called up Ralph Macchio, who played the role in the first three Karate Kid films in the 1980s, to impart some advice to Jaden.

Macchio tells E! News, "It was very cool. He called and said, 'Would you mind getting on the phone with my son?' I felt like Yoda to young Skywalker.

"(Jaden was) adorable and completely respectful and excited. I just told him to have fun. That was my advice."

moose135
2009-03-06, 10:03 PM
"Wax on, wax off..."

PhilDernerJr
2009-03-07, 07:32 AM
Why are they re-doing this movie? I can't imagine it doing all that well for some reason.

T-Bird76
2009-03-07, 08:42 AM
Why are they re-doing this movie? I can't imagine it doing all that well for some reason.

Same reason they redo almost every movie that was ever made.....Hollywood has no original ideas anymore.

Matt Molnar
2009-03-07, 01:51 PM
It's not even an authentic remake, more of a remix. Similar story, but different details...i.e. Jackie Chan plays "Miyagi" but since Chan is Chinese his name will be something else. And it's being filmed in Beijing instead of Okinawa.