PDA

View Full Version : T5 To Phoenix and Tucson

Gerard
2009-02-28, 04:50 PM
Heading to Tucson, Arizona last weekend I decided to fly direct to Phoenix then drive down to Tucson. My wife dropped me at the new
JetBlue T5 terminal and I was quite impressed. And I'm not even discussing the amenties inside. From the time she dropped me curbside
to the time I reached my gate it was under 20 minutes. Granted this was 6:30AM but still pretty busy. The lines moved very quckly and
they had over 10 (I believe) TSA checkpoints and I pretty much breezed through that. Very nice indeed. My 8AM flight was relatively crowded but I lucked out and there was no one sitting between myself (aisle) and the pretty blonde :) by the window.
We landed on time and I was out of there quickly to pick up my car. They have a shuttle bus that takes you to a central rental terminal that looks fairly new. The ride to Tucson is about an hour and 45 minutes directly south on Route 10. Nice ride through the desert and with the speed limit 75 I made pretty good time though at times I was doing 80 and cars were passing by me. One thing though I wouldnt want to have happen is to breakdown on Rt 10 in the darkness in the desert.
Had a great weekend with my son and teased by the sunny 80 degree days though it was cooler at night.
Back Sunday with a 7AM flight via Continental Express Emb145 TUS to IAH. The 145 is a little tight for my 6 foot frame but at least I had the single seat so not too bad. Hooked up my ipod and listened to some great progressive rocks songs as we soared over Arizona, New Mexico and into Texas. Beautiful but desolate country out there thats for sure as I had my nose pressed against the window for the two hour flight.
Had an hour or so layover in IAH then a crowded 737 back to LGA. We landed Runway 3-1 in the nasty weather but right on time and the warmth of Arizona was quickly forgotten by the steady cold rain!!

moose135
2009-02-28, 05:13 PM
I lucked out and there was no one sitting between myself (aisle) and the pretty blonde :) by the window.
Your wife doesn't read NYCA, does she?

Gerard
2009-02-28, 06:32 PM
I lucked out and there was no one sitting between myself (aisle) and the pretty blonde :) by the window.
Your wife doesn't read NYCA, does she?

Uh I hope not!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: