PDA

View Full Version : Collecting Model Aircraft

Speedbird1
2009-02-26, 12:08 PM
I don't know if I'm posting in the correct forum. I have been collecting model airliners, both pre-assembled as well as plastic models for years. One of my favorite model-makers, Wooster, doesn't seem to make any models anymore. Their models, made simply of snap-together plastic at a scale of 1/250 were attractive and inexpensive. Models ran about $25 each. While searching my memorabilia, I found a KAL B744 as well as an Olympic B-742. Are there any other model-collectors out there? Any word of what happened to Wooster Models?

Delta777LR
2009-02-26, 11:59 PM
I have some Wooster models including some Long Prospers and some Holland models. Wooster I believe was taken over by Long Prosper models. Long Prosper did the same with the Holland models. With most wooster models youll find now, they will have the long prosper stand/base..

Speedbird1
2009-02-27, 11:18 AM
I just attempted to assemble 2 Wooster B747 models. The wings are supposed to attach by sliding the plastic tabs gently into slots on both sides of the fuselage. These tabs must be slid into the slots with force otherwise they won't fit in. While doing so, the tabs snapped-off and now the models are jets without wings. I guess you're supposed to file-down the tabs before inserting, but the direction circular never mentioned that. I have quite a few fuselages with no wings attached as a result. These models, Olympic and KAL B747's are no longer made, either.