PDA

View Full Version : Remember Those Frequent Flyer Cards ?

Speedbird1
2009-02-10, 11:03 AM
While looking through my aviation "treasures" I often see my old "Frequent Flyer Cards". I started a collection years ago when they were still available. All I had to do was to request one and it came in the mail in a few weeks. Almost every airline would send it. Almost all were free except for El Al and Qantas and a few others. The cards, as we know, has the name of the cardholder and the logo of the airline in vivid colors on plastic (although several were on cardboard). Now, if you apply, a card will NOT be mailed to you until you have completed 1 or even 2 flights. There were a few airlines which used ticket stubs instead of cards for frequent flyer miles but I forgot which. How times have changed. I also collected ticket jackets from the various airlines. I don't even know if they print those anymore. Did anyone else ever collect these? Remember the menus handed-out by the flight attendants? The good-old days.

MyOtherPlaneIsA...
2009-02-14, 12:09 AM
I've got ticket jackets (yes most airlines still have them - just not DL & B6), luggage tags, menus, and boarding passes. I think CAL is the only one who still has a proper/nice boarding pass with color (even gold) on it.

Dave

Speedbird1
2009-02-20, 01:52 PM
Only 1 airline refused to give me a ticket jacket for my collection. I recall Saudia refused to give me one even after saying that I liked the calligraphy of the logo with the palm tree. All others gladly gave me these. Since you cannot board an aircraft flight with a jacket, I don't see the big deal. There is no security problem.