PDA

View Full Version : Ferry Point 1/30

Delta777LR
2009-01-31, 11:52 AM
Well I you are know, I was spotting at Ferry Point yesterday 1/30 to shoot the LGA rwy22 arrivals, Im sitting on the bleechers then who approaches me is a lautenent officer from the Bridges and Tunnels by the whitestone Bridge toll plaza which is pretty much close to where I was at, came to me, I even helped him as he slipped on solid ice while coming to me and asked him if he was ok, Yeah he came to me and asked.

Officer: "How you doing today"
Me: "Im doing ok and yourself?"
Officer: "Im doing fine sur"
Officer: "What are you taken pictures of?"
Me: "Im taken pictures of the plane approaching LGA"
Officer: "Why is that?"
Me: "I have interest of aviation and I spent my time taking pictures as a hobby, and Im with NYCAviation spotters as well."
Officer: "Do you have some ID on you?"
Me: Yes I do
Officer: Do you have anything saying the you with this aviation spotters?
Me; No, but I have a NYCAviation post card, Which you can see.
Me: Also I do have a picture in my album with us group that was taken back in August 1st
Officer: Thats fine, its just we got 2 calls about a guy taken pictures of planes,
Me: Ok, thats very understandable, I mean I understand the problems thats still on
Officer: Ok,
Me: Do I have to leave or am I ok
Officer: No, your'e fine to continue what you doing but I recommand that you should go further into the Park so that you won't be seen taking your pictures and that we dont have to get many calls about you taking pictures.
Me: Oh ok, Im fine with that, Thanks for understanding, and I hope you have a safe day
Officer: thanks very much sur, you do the same and good luck with your pictures.
Me: Thank you

This whole thing took about a tiny bit over 10 minutes but the officer was very kind and understandable, and he was a Lieutenant too so that was surprizing. There could be kind officers or they can be scumbags that really wanna make their money for every little thing. but this gentleman was very nice though.

PhilDernerJr
2009-01-31, 12:13 PM
Glad you handled it well. Good work. :)

LGA777
2009-01-31, 05:27 PM
Nice job Sergio, so his office is the building right by the Southbound toll plaza right?

I am curious where people would have seen you from?

LGA777

nikon50bigma
2009-01-31, 07:55 PM
Nice Sergio I'm glad everything worked out for you. You do a lot of spotting at LGA but this is the first time that you've been called in?

Delta777LR
2009-01-31, 11:44 PM
Nice job Sergio, so his office is the building right by the Southbound toll plaza right?

I am curious where people would have seen you from?

LGA777

Yes the office is south bound of the plaza, but there are passerbys in cars that would spot me. The best part I did is help the officer up as he slipped on solid Ice, even though I knew he was coming to me. Im just that kind of person.

Delta777LR
2009-01-31, 11:47 PM
Nice Sergio I'm glad everything worked out for you. You do a lot of spotting at LGA but this is the first time that you've been called in?

Youre right, it was the first time getting runned in from Ferry Point but I did handled the situation very well and I may continue spotting from there as well, good thing too is that I live right near there and when I ride my bike there to spot from there, its only ten minutes from my house.