PDA

View Full Version : Spotting at JFK

gloverp
2009-01-12, 05:44 AM
Hi folks,
Could anyone tell me if it's possible to spot from inside Americans terminal at JFK as I have a 4 hour layover on the way back to the UK at the beginning of February?
Also is it possible to see from any other points within the airport without going airside?

Delta777LR
2009-01-12, 12:29 PM
Well to be honest with you, I would avoid taking pictures from the terminal as you can attrack easy attention, but spotting in the terminal, well, you may see some passing by planes mostly depanding on where you at. If you like, if youre not passed the checkpoint yet, you can take the airtrain to T5 garage and you can see a bit of action there. You might see 22L/R landings or take offs if in use or 4L take offs if in use. However if you do happen to take pictures there, be alert for passerby security cars but dont look suspicious. Even though some of us take the chance taking pictures from the garage but we are really not surpose to.

T-Bird76
2009-01-12, 02:35 PM
The AA terminal has very large clean windows so you can take shots, but the windows are tinted so you’re going to have a rather harsh green tint to your shots. If you go to the mid field part of the AA terminal you'll be able to get other carriers besides AA taxing past, otherwise you better get use to seeing lots of Silver planes. If you are an Admirals Club member the landside club has fantastic views of 13L arrivals but that's generally a summer time runway. In any event the AA terminal is a rather nice terminal the four hours should pass by fairly quickly.