PDA

View Full Version : Need Help with Passur Website

Speedbird1
2009-01-03, 01:45 PM
Suddenly, I don't get the aircraft arriving/departing on the various Passur Airport sites. I just get the maps of the airports but no aircraft are shown. I have the pop-up blockers disabled but still get no aircraft. I use Firefox, which in the past, always gave me the aircraft movements. Perhaqps there's a problem with the Passur website.

PhilDernerJr
2009-01-03, 03:46 PM
Maybe update Java.

Also, this is an aviation topic, not off-topic.

Speedbird1
2009-01-07, 10:47 AM
Here's more on my PC problem. It seems that that Passur Applets will no longer load because my friends' son downloaded some sort of anti-spyware into the PC. I think that the program he downloaded is blocking the Applets from appearing. I believe that the moving Applets are what shows aircraft movement on Passur. I tried re-downloading Java into the PC, but to no avail. I even checked that the pop-up ad blocker was de-activated. I would like to remove the program he downloaded but I have no computer knowledge. Imagine viewing Passur with no aircraft movements!

Speedbird1
2009-01-13, 11:24 AM
The problem was solved by me. Somebody loaded anti-spyware software into the PC which was blocking the Java Applets from appearing. By trial-and-error, I was able to remove the software and thus restore the aircraft on the Passur site. I'm surprised that nobody I asked, not even at java.com, knew that spyware could interfere with Passur.