PDA

View Full Version : Oh, The Cleaning I will Do!

JetBlueAirwaysFan
2008-12-21, 01:10 AM
With my semester coming to an end, I have to make my room spotless before I leave for the winter break on Tuesday. Unfortunately, I hit a huge depression during the semester here, and let my room go. Now I am paying for it. My room is a mess and my suitemate left, so I have to do all the cleaning and scrubbing of the bathroom and stuff. (Personally, I have never heard him take a shower). Anyway, I thought I would vent a little bit.
I am checking out of the Vaughn College Residence Hall at 1500 on Tuesday. I am trying to get everything to the Resident Director's and RA's standards. It is hard to know what they want. Hell, I don't think I even have all the right supplies to get the job done. Most of the job is picking up trash, but I have to clean the shower. I guess it will be the old spray and paper towel.
Thanks for letting me vent. I appreciate it.

T-Bird76
2008-12-21, 02:10 PM
First year depression or feeling of regret is rather common in many college students as the radical change from what they was use to takes hold. This is the time where many students often give up and head for a school closer to home or in the most extreme cases give up school completely. Your school may have a support center that you should get in touch with, often they have counselors that can guide you through bumpy times. The cleaning part is easy, I wouldn't sweat it to much...some Windex alone will do wonders.

The test comes at the end of your winter break and whether or not you go back. Your college years can be a stressful time but the reward later in life is tremendous and a college degree is a must in today's highly competitive world. The fact is without a degree or some kind of specialized training you will only go so far. I hope you find the fortitude to continue on your journey. Good luck

JetBlueAirwaysFan
2008-12-21, 04:53 PM
Thanks Tommy. I have suffered from Bipolar Disorder (I am not ashamed to say it) all my life, and I was diagnosed at eleven. I do my best to take my medicine every day. The change was hard, but I am finally happy and I am positive that I will remain in New York. Thanks for your support.

mmedford
2008-12-22, 08:01 AM
Wait, you dorm?

Man, I probably pass you throughout the building so many damn times and didn't know it..lol

I'm always at James's place..lol on the 3rd floor...

JetBlueAirwaysFan
2008-12-22, 02:18 PM
Really? That's so funny. You know Laura Dufresne? I'm the blonde chubby guy that hangs out with her all the time. I'm in room 205B.

nikon50bigma
2008-12-25, 06:43 PM
First year depression or feeling of regret is rather common in many college students as the radical change from what they was use to takes hold. This is the time where many students often give up and head for a school closer to home or in the most extreme cases give up school completely.

LMAO, great I get to look forward to that next year as my senior yr in high school comes at an end ugh.
JK Tommy, happy holidays!