PDA

View Full Version : Delta announces new routes and destinations.

Alex T
2008-11-12, 03:14 PM
http://news.delta.com/article_display.c ... e_id=11185 (http://news.delta.com/article_display.cfm?article_id=11185)

ATLANTA, Nov. 12, 2008 – Delta Air Lines (NYSE: DAL) today announced it is adding 15 new international routes for summer 2009, including service to 12 destinations not flown by any other U.S. carrier. The addition of trans-Pacific, trans-Atlantic and African routes advances Delta’s strategy of taking customers to more unique destinations across the globe and investing in underserved markets.

* Trans-Pacific: Delta plans to add three new nonstop trans-Pacific flights between the United States and Tokyo-Narita, Japan, including new nonstop flights from Salt Lake City and New York-JFK, a second daily flight from Atlanta, and daily service connecting customers beyond Tokyo to Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.

* Africa: Delta will expand its industry-leading position in Africa with new flights between Atlanta and Nairobi, Kenya and Cape Town, South Africa (via Dakar, Senegal); between Atlanta and Monrovia, Liberia; Abuja, Nigeria; Luanda, Angola; and Malabo, Equatorial Guinea (all via Sal Island, Cape Verde); and between New York-JFK and Lagos, Nigeria. Delta also will introduce its first daily nonstop service to South Africa with flights between Atlanta and Johannesburg.

* Europe/Middle East: Delta will expand its leading position across the Atlantic with the only nonstop flights operated to Gothenberg, Sweden and Valencia, Spain, both from New York-JFK. Delta also will expand its service at New York-JFK with nonstop service to Prague, Czech Republic and Zurich, Switzerland (seasonal); as well as the addition of a second nonstop flight between New York-JFK and Tel Aviv.

This is truly exciting to see coming from Delta. It almost to me feels like TWA/Pan Am combined. Delta is growing to be a huge airline and the coverage they will have so far will be nothing short of amazing. Good luck to Delta and I am very excited to see what else will be coming in the future!

Alex

JetBlueAirwaysFan
2008-11-12, 03:31 PM
Can't wait to have the planes painted into DL colors! Just wondering how long it will take to merge the operating certificates?

MarkLawrence
2008-11-12, 03:56 PM
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....Atlanta - Johannesburg direct???...has to be a 777-200LR!! That is going to be awesome!!

Matt Molnar
2008-11-12, 04:13 PM
Former NW-exclusive equipment to be used!
SLC-NRT: A330
ATL-NRT: 747

Time to get excited! I wonder how urgently they'll be painted into Delta colors.

http://www.nycaviation.com/hosting/delta-summer2009.jpg

pgengler
2008-11-12, 05:13 PM
Too bad we're not getting any of the 747s to JFK.

Matt Molnar
2008-11-12, 05:21 PM
Too bad we're not getting any of the 747s to JFK.
We still might...this list is just about their new routes. It's possible they could reassign 747s and A330s to existing JFK routes.

Alex T
2008-11-12, 05:25 PM
Well why are you guys surprised DL is using NW planes? Thats partly WHY they got NWA to get more planes along with the routes and slots and whatnot.

Dec 12th is the date for first revenue service for the DL 744 according to some folks so I'd imagine pretty soon for the A332 to fly SLC-NRT as well.

Alex

T-Bird76
2008-11-12, 09:08 PM
I'm happy to see SLC with added Intl service, Western had a nice little hub there when Delta bought them out. I'm surprised that SLC didn't have more Intl service with the LDS church sending their missionaries around the world.

stuart schechter
2008-11-12, 10:10 PM
A 747 in DL colors again...sweet!

Delta777LR
2008-11-13, 07:41 PM
im really hoping to see the DL 747s at JFK..

bonanzabucks
2008-11-17, 12:48 AM
Gothenberg??? Wow. But that's great for me as my sister lives right by there.

JetBlueAirwaysFan
2008-11-17, 10:15 AM

I spoke to a mechanic from Delta who works at JFK, he said that the 747s are headed for ATL.

Delta777LR
2008-11-17, 09:59 PM

I spoke to a mechanic from Delta who works at JFK, he said that the 747s are headed for ATL.

I heard the same thing about that earlier.. I was really counting on seeing the 747s at JFK. But maybe in the future..