PDA

View Full Version : Obama Wins!!!

T-Bird76
2008-11-05, 12:01 AM
Amazing! That's all I can say! A new day has dawned for the United States!

moose135
2008-11-05, 12:04 AM
Incredible, just incredible! I'm sitting here watching the coverage, I don't know if words can describe it. It really is a new day for America!

Gerard
2008-11-05, 12:12 AM
FANTASTIC!!!
And watching Times Square on TV it looks like New Years Eve!! I have NEVER, EVER seen that for any type
of election!! We are indeed watching history here!!!
I mean even my 14 year old daughter who basically is interested in boys, music, boys (LOL), her Mac computer
and HS Musical 3 was following the coverage tonite!! THAT alone shows how amazing this has been!!
Now let everyone come together and move on!!
Truly a wonderful evening here!!

jran225
2008-11-05, 12:18 AM
WOW! FANTASTIC NEWS! I'm so, so glad that I was able to participate in this election (my first ever presidential election). A proud and historic day for America! :D

Greets,
-Omar S.

MarkLawrence
2008-11-05, 01:38 AM
I think back to a day in another part of the world - the year - 1994 - the country - South Africa - there was a very historic election I voted in - the leader - Nelson Mandela. Tonight, I have experienced another historical election - this time - Barack Obama. We are in a really historic time. What a day.

Congrats to you too Omar! It was my first too!

flyboy 28
2008-11-05, 09:03 AM
My first as well. Glad I made the right call. :)

mirrodie
2008-11-05, 10:25 AM
Mark, I had read about that moment recently and was thinknig about that last night.

Like Ann Nixon Cooper, who Obama mentioned last night, you've see so much in such little time.

Unfortunately, this morning, I read the following in an email:

Last night marked the downfall of America, the liberals will give away the resources of this country and McDonalds just announced that 40's of Crazy Horse are now a drink option for value meals...........................................We 're ****ed.

It seems we will always have a ways to go.

I am happy and do hope that Obama does reach out, esp. to McCain, and once more makes our country's beacon of light burn brighter than it ever has.

MarkLawrence
2008-11-05, 10:33 AM
I think the formation of the cabinet is going to be a big thing. The first 100 days - talk about scrutiny - both here and in the world as a whole. We are in amazing times. This morning my wife and I were talking about what an incredible role model Obama will be to the younger generation. We are already talking to our son about how he was born to a white woman and a black man - a black man that wanted nothing to do with his life and how he came to live with grandparents that are now his parents. Part of that resonate at all? *LOL* - yes - in 43 years - you'll be voting for my son for President! :borat: